How do the white spots start?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
... I seem to have just a tiny little spot since yesterday. It may only be 3-4 pixels wide. Hope its does not grow. Is that what spreads the whole pottyness diseae?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I didn't notice the spots on my computer till they were large. When they showed up there were three of them. Three or four pixels sounds too small. This is not an electric effect. It is some sort of pressure from the back distorting the display itself. On any other laptop you can simulate this by pressing your finger on the back of the display. On the 15" Al PB the cover is built very stiff so it is difficult to do this.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

... I seem to have just a tiny little spot since yesterday. It may only be 3-4 pixels wide. Hope its does not grow. Is that what spreads the whole pottyness diseae?

prolly caused by too much pr0n

in other words quite j**king off in front of the lcd

in reality...the 2nd poster is correct

i believe apple will replace your display as they

are aware of this issue
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

Give it time, they'll grow if they are indeed white spots.

Apple relpaced my display no questions asked. the parts were orded to my campus store without anyone even looking at the machine.

The bonus of a new screen is that the latch is also fixed. The Tech said that the hook in the first batch of screens was too short, and this problem has been remodied. I now officially have no complaints about my AlBook.