Apple's got the swagger....

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    I like the metamorphisis that is currently underway in Cupertino. Prior to a few years ago I would have never considered purchasing a Mac. The image they were presenting was one of a company that built easy to use computers that were simplistic and accessible. This may have been more perception than reality but image holds much more importance in the consumer market than most like to give it credit for. It might have been me being younger and more concerned about the perception of my peers, but I didn't want to own a computer that I most perceived to make ease of use the overridding priority. During those years I took pride in my home assembled PC's, most of which were dual-boot linux/windows machines. I valued the ability to customize and personalize. Those machines to me were the epitome of individuality. I also liked what they portrayed about me to the outside world. I wouldn't be mistaken for a novice user or someone who was ignorant to the inner workings of my computer. I liked conveying that perception, mainly because it was truth. I view computers as works of art in the sense that they are the culmination of millions of hours of research and experimentation by great scientific minds. I appreciate complexity and I thought that simplification of the computer to the point that it was looked at as just another consumer electronic device was almost blasphemous. That was what I saw in Apples of the past.

Times sure change quickly, as does the perception of a young man. I have shed most of my egotistical and elitist perceptions regarding technology. Still certain traits are hardwired into my brain and no matter how much I mature they will stick with me. I still appreciate complexity. Apple OSX and the direction of the company recently have turned me into a convert. The image now is one of a company with a cutting edge operating system that while still accesible to beginners caters to those who are a bit more advanced. A 21st century operationg system with the ability to be run through a command line. The beauty that is a stunning GUI combined with efficent code and little details that bring a smile to your face when you ponder how clever they are. I like this new image of apple that is emerging, it has made a convert out of me.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Nope. In independent test it's been proven that the RDF(tm) can be transmitted even over compressed audio.

He's that charming.

• Reply 23 of 26
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Haaa, I see. So your frustration is with OS 9 vs OS X. I will tell you, I was one of the loudest complainers on these boards when I first experienced OS X Beta. Man, for me the Mac had been killed. But I trusted it would be made right and toke a proactive approach by sending Apple what I wanted to see in OS X. They listened to us all and they fixed it. With 10.2 I was finally happy. I now LOVE OS X. I'm a guy who has used Macs every since version 1.

Same here, been using Apples since I got the Apple II, except I never used X beta. I used the orignal OS X, and hated it. It was buggy, slow, crashed, and was not any improvement over OS 9. So I waited it out till I got my hands on X.2 and fell in love. I have never been happier with the way my computer has worked. It is going on three years old now and I won't need a repacement for at least another year. It isn't blazing, but it gets the job done, thanks to OSX. I have only had one system crash since I started using OS X exclusively a few years ago. I'm in love! Absolutely the best OS Mac, or anyone, has ever made. Keep the greatness coming Apple!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Steve's whole "It's the #1 MP3 player in the world!" banter is making me extremely nervous. He's acting like Apple doesn't need to accomodate- what if Microsoft said "we're the #1 software company in the world- why should we have to..."...

Oh never mind
  • Reply 25 of 26
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Steve's whole "It's the #1 MP3 player in the world!" banter is making me extremely nervous. He's acting like Apple doesn't need to accomodate- what if Microsoft said "we're the #1 software company in the world- why should we have to..."...

Oh never mind

The nice thing about Apple's position is if Microsoft really started picking on them, it would catch the attention of the DOJ. Thus, Micro$oft won't.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    iPod adverts in the UK? The iTMS must be on its way.

During a show on the "1100 Greatest Number Ones Ever". Crafty.