.Mac & Mail Sent Items Confusion

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use Mail as my email client at home, and I have two email accounts - one for my ISP, and my .Mac account. However, whenever I send a message from my .Mac account using Mail (rather than via the web interface), the message gets placed in the 'sent/.mac' folder. However, messages sent using the web inteface and later synchronised are put in the '.mac/sent messages' folder. So far, I've been transferring them manually to the '.mac/sent messages' folder, but I want to set up a rule to automatically move them. So I tried a rule that was something like:

If account = .Mac

and from = (.mac address)

then move item to '.mac/sent messages' folder

However, nothing happened .

Does anyone know of a way to get them moved automatically?

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    I may be reading what you posted wrong but if you go to Mail's Preferences/Accounts/.mac account/Special Mailboxes and check off 'Store sent messages on the server' then all sent messages from Mail should show up in the .mac/Sent Items folder.

Is that what you're after?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    RussS,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I missed that one . Of course, no it's got rid of the 'On My Mac' folder, and moved all the sub-folders I had in there up a level, but I think I can live with that .

Cheers,

Dave.