Most Extreme Challenge

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This show is so stupid it's genius.

I watched it last week on a couple of beers and I was incredibly amused. This week I was sober, and it was still quite decent. Nothing is quite like watching a bunch of japanese cubicle dwellers run flat-out over dangerous terrain.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That show is a *riot*. Thu night is the 2 hour MXC block on SpikeTV. Fun, fun, fun.

And I love the dialog. "We don't *need* to translate."
  • Reply 2 of 13
    I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

It's best enjoyed with a group of friends, whew, good times.

So stupid...so idiotic...but so...hilarious

actually some of the commentary is pretty witty, but other than that it's all just horrendously cheap laughs, that keep on coming.

duuuuurrr it's fun to watch people fall down duuuuur

AND HOW!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    if you really want to make it extreme, take a shot every time someone falls face first into water.

if you make an entire episode i'll be impressed.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

if you really want to make it extreme, take a shot every time someone falls face first into water.

if you make an entire episode i'll be impressed.

If you make it through a segment, I'll be impressed.

I wonder where they are. There seems to be a city nearby, and then the scenery is some sort of perennially gray-skied bog in highland Honshu.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Great show, and the dialogue... so funny. Some of the things they have the women say is hysterical.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea that show always catches me when I'm channel surfing.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Spike TV rules! MXC kicks ass too. Did anybody watch Joe Schmo? hahahahah
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Spike TV rules! MXC kicks ass too. Did anybody watch Joe Schmo? hahahahah

Joe Schmo was an awesome show, too. I felt bad for Matt most of the time, but I couldn't help but laugh. The season finale was awesome.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I was *certain* it was a double-cross... that he'd been let in on it, but the cast and crew didn't know. I mean, he kept screwing them up *so* badly, I figured it couldn't possibly just be chance.

Ayup.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    The best part about MXC is that there is really no way you can screw it up. It's not like it's Dallas and you make it all a dream.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My wife likes that show too.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I was *certain* it was a double-cross... that he'd been let in on it, but the cast and crew didn't know. I mean, he kept screwing them up *so* badly, I figured it couldn't possibly just be chance.

Ayup.

lol Yea; but the producers definitely picked the right guy for it. He was sweet to the point of being naive. But he got 100k plus a flat screen tv, plus a bunch of vacations for his troubles.

I remember a few years ago when Truman Show came out and it was blasted for being a bit far-fetched. (I loved that movie, by the way.) Now all the hype in today's programs involve watching other people live their lives. What a difference a few years makes.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    lol, i love this show.

every time it's on i end up watching.