Why does iTunes keep re launching?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use PTH iTunes notifier to control iTunes, it's a great program, works extremely well and I'm very happy with it. Only one problem. After I quit iTunes, it relaunches it, over and over. I can't stop it. I have to quit it close to 10 times to get it to stop opening. Is there any way I can stop this? Does anyone else experience this problem? Thanks a lot!

Note: I'm sorry if this should have been in Genius Bar, I thought software would be the most appropriate spot for it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Yes, i have the same problem here.

When you want to quit iTunes you have to quit PTH first.

And i cannot modifiy PTH anymore. Seems like it needs an update ...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Hmmm... Ever since I installed that program, iTunes has been quitting unexpectedly. It only does that with iTunes 4.1. I may just uninstall the program until there is a update. It is cool and I will miss it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Once I upgraded to Panther I also got the new Launch-On-Quit feature from PTHiTunes. I hope it gets fixed soon. That app rocked.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I love the program and thats why I'm willing to put up with it. I haven't had problems with it quitting on me though.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    well, until they post an update, there's a way around the Launch-on-Quit problem.

On PTH's website (http://www.pth.com/PTHiTunesNotifier/) there's a tweek you can make on the info.plist file that fixes the menu functionality in 10.3.

Once fixed, you can Control-click on the play/pause buttons in the menu, which brings up the PTH application, which you can then quit.

After that, a closed iTunes stays closed.

I know it's a little bit of a hassle... but if you keep both apps in the doc, it goes quick.

-alex-