MacOS X.3 in Belgium

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I went to my local Apple Dealer the last two weeks to get myself a copy of Panther, but they were always sold out. One of the clerks told me I'd best order it, since all the copies sold out the same day when they came in. Sh also told me it would take a little while for their next shipment since Apple was out of boxes for it. The CD's were available, as was the documentation, but no boxes to put them in...

Strange reason for not shipping, since they should have foreseen this...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by knappa

I went to my local Apple Dealer the last two weeks to get myself a copy of Panther, but they were always sold out. One of the clerks told me I'd best order it, since all the copies sold out the same day when they came in. Sh also told me it would take a little while for their next shipment since Apple was out of boxes for it. The CD's were available, as was the documentation, but no boxes to put them in...

Strange reason for not shipping, since they should have foreseen this...

The non-boxed Panthers are the 'upgrades'. They arrive in an envelope, but it's the same stuff (the cd says 'Mac OSX upgrade, however). Me thinks they just printed more doc books (who are the same for the upgrade) than boxes ...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    I thought the upgrades weren't full installers. They just upgrade from a previous system, if I recall correctly. Those aren't useful for me though, since I intend to give my jaguar cd's to my granddad, so he can install them on his iBook.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/belgiumfrstore/

Or go to Cami in Brussels (and Liege) or CLG in Brussels on Avenue Louise near Place Stefanie.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    I just got a call that my copy had arrived. Now I'm anxious to get it as soon as possible