Enterprise talk?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Next week's preview hints that engineer Trip is going to bite the dust?!? What's that all about? Speculations...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Thanx for that Randy...I really needed to know about the speculation...grrrrr

In future it might be a good idea to add " Spoiler" to the title so others ( including me ) don't have their TV viewing ruined.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Sorry! I figured it was fairly obvious in the preview, so there isn't much left to spoil by talking about it.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    sweeps week?
  • Reply 4 of 23
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Nah, Trip'll be fine.

The episode deals with the cloning debate.

Trip gets seriously injured, and the only way to save him is to essentially "grow" a life form for transplanted tissue. Archer wrestles with the ethics of it but can't see the mission in the Expanse succeeding without Trip to change the oil every 5000 miles.

I know this because Daniels showed up and sent me to the future but the Suliban interfered so I didn't find out the ending.

I am such a geek...
  • Reply 5 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Now that Enterprise is in 1080i (18 mbps even), I guess I'll start watching...So what's happened since the pilot episode? ...
  • Reply 6 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Blah blah blah, decon gel, blah blah blah, Hoshi topless, blah blah blah, Vulcan backrub.

Ummmm, yeah, that's about it.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    God, Enterprise makes me miss DS9. Thankfully, there are the new DVDs.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Why are start trek captains so forking boring? Kirk was the best and Picard was pretty good, but Janeway and Archer are too freaking .... whats the word I'm looking for? Ethical.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Nah, Trip'll be fine.

The episode deals with the cloning debate.

Trip gets seriously injured, and the only way to save him is to essentially "grow" a life form for transplanted tissue. Archer wrestles with the ethics of it but can't see the mission in the Expanse succeeding without Trip to change the oil every 5000 miles.

I know this because Daniels showed up and sent me to the future but the Suliban interfered so I didn't find out the ending.

I am such a geek...

Yeah, he's got to stay alive because I read he and Tpol are going to do the vulcan neural pressure thing for real!

Down the road ( about Feb. ).

It wasn't terrible but I'm glad we got the western episode out of the way.

Yes Star Trek Enterprise is in HDTV but it depends on your local UPN broadcaster having that capability ( mine doesn't yet ).

We're all geeks here. This is a computer forum.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Actually, the Western episode wasn't bad, but I was waiting for the "hook" to Earth history.

Voyager's "alien abduction" episode centred on the Amelia Earhart disappearance. Likewise, other first contact episodes have had even a minor note in history.

I understand we'e talking about the Wild West, but aliens came in and abducted an entire town and there's no mention in the Starfleet database?
  • Reply 11 of 23
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Actually, the Western episode wasn't bad, but I was waiting for the "hook" to Earth history.

Voyager's "alien abduction" episode centred on the Amelia Earhart disappearance. Likewise, other first contact episodes have had even a minor note in history.

I understand we'e talking about the Wild West, but aliens came in and abducted an entire town and there's no mention in the Starfleet database?

If an entire town disappeared in the old west, it would have probably been accounted for in history by an Indian raid.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Yes Star Trek Enterprise is in HDTV but it depends on your local UPN broadcaster having that capability ( mine doesn't yet ).

Yeah, I have no intention of habitually watching Enterprise, but it an Jake 2.0 are the first HD broadcasts on the local UPN affiliate (KBHK), and they are supposedly visually superb.

CBS / KPIX-DT - 1080i and quite nice.

ABC /KGO-DT - 720p, only I can't appreciate it because my set will convert it to 1080i

FOX / KTVU-DT - ATSC 480p, but FOX will roll-out 720p in 1H04 hopefully

NBC / KNTV-DT - 1080i and lots of pixelation, gamma too dark)

PBS / KQED-DT - 1080i with 5 subchannel multicast really degrades the quality

PBS / KCSM-DT - 1080i a little better than KQED except with respect to programming

UPN / KBHK-DT - 1080i with no perceptible pixelization

WB / KBWB-DT - 1080i slight pixelization

There are lots of other DT channels currently showing SD content here too. I'm currently using a Channel Master 4228 UHF-only panel/bow-tie antenna. I hope that by the time 2006 rolls around I won't have to buy another VHF antenna. Comcast had better carry all the local HD channels by then.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    How'd did everyone like Twilight when Archer lost his long term memory?
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Blah blah blah, decon gel, blah blah blah, Hoshi topless, blah blah blah, Vulcan backrub.

Ummmm, yeah, that's about it.

I think I need to start watching again.

• Reply 15 of 23
    Hey, $hit happens on your way to the bridge.

...or

Cheap practical joke with the transporters results in new rules made on "Appropriate Use of Transporter Equipment".
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

How'd did everyone like Twilight when Archer lost his long term memory?

much better than some (Extinction - the Guppisode, and Exile - the Hoshisode)

great battles, interesting parallel universe possibilities, hints at future tech

but weak on some levels, too close to "it was all a bad dream" cop-out scripts.

and not enough vulcan backrubs... all those years must include at least one Ponn Farr

maybe i need to rewatch it... it was late
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Hey, $hit happens on your way to the bridge.

...or

Cheap practical joke with the transporters results in new rules made on "Appropriate Use of Transporter Equipment".

Kind of puts a new tint on "Beam me up Scotty".
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Well I have to say- that was a GOOOOOD episode!
  • Reply 19 of 23
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Yea. I liked it too. I thought Tripp actually died and the clone took over form the commercials. I also thought there would be a little Tripp/T'pol action. Goody goody! 8) Unfortunately, T'pol is not acting like a typical vulcan in the past few episodes.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Cloning with a twist, to make the ethical dilemma even more "dilemmic"?

Cpt Archer gets to show some REAL balls here, too. ...not so boring a captain now, eh?

A sweet gesture from T'Pol, as well. It just melted me instantly.