Roy Moore removed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The "Ten Commandments" justice has been removed from the Chief Justice's bench in Alabama for his flagrant violation of the Constitution and refusal to obey the directives of a superior authority and the rule of law.

Let there be much rejoicing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Wanna place bets he'll be the next Governor of Alabama? I think it's clear that's what he's been gunning for all along with this.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Wanna place bets he'll be the next Governor of Alabama? I think it's clear that's what he's been gunning for all along with this.

Way to be a buzzkill BRuss. Couldn't let us enjoy it for more than 30 seconds?
  • Reply 3 of 26
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    And then he'll be President in 2008!

• Reply 4 of 26
    Governor is a less dangerous position for a religious fanatic than chief justice.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Weren't we debating God, Guns and Gays in another topic?

And then getting slammed for suggesting that's what alot of southerners see as core issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did get elected as governor.

And then he'll use the bible has his state constitiution...
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kirkland

The "Ten Commandments" justice has been removed from the Chief Justice's bench in Alabama for his flagrant violation of the Constitution and refusal to obey the directives of a superior authority and the rule of law.

Let there be much rejoicing.

and they were forced to eat Robin's musicians.

and there was much rejoicing.

the progress of reason moves slowly in some states.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    Roy Moore has no right to furnish a public space with furnishings of his choice.

Nobody has that "right"

Fellowship
  • Reply 8 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Governor is a less dangerous position for a religious fanatic than chief justice.

If only that were true. After all, it's the governor's job to appoint these justices...
  • Reply 9 of 26
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    To him the "law" of god is above all others. So if the the Oath mentions god... then he's just doing his job by following his notion of law.

His logic is circular. And maddeningly simple. and a bit scary.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

His logic is circular. And maddeningly simple. and a bit scary.

An excellent, and concise, summation of religion.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    I wouldn't say religion.

I'd say religious zealots.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Anyone who believes in a very special invisible friend with magical powers who lives in/above the sky (as the God of the Bible does) has to have at least a bit of irrational fanatic in them.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:

Anyone who believes in a very special invisible friend with magical powers who lives in/above the sky (as the God of the Bible does) has to have at least a bit of irrational fanatic in them.

You could be right, you could be wrong, I just wanted to let you know if you think you will bait me with your "cute" remarks I am not going to bite. It has been interesting but the time has come for me to just skip over your bigoted statements from now forward.

With respect,

Fellowship
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

You could be right, you could be wrong, I just wanted to let you know if you think you will bait me with your "cute" remarks I am not going to bite. It has been interesting but the time has come for me to just skip over your bigoted statements from now forward.

With respect,

Fellowship

It is the height of arrogance for you to think that a comment directed at someone else was actually meant for you. Stop appraising your own importance so highly.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Quote:

It is the height of arrogance for you to think that a comment directed at someone else was actually meant for you. Stop appraising your own importance so highly.

Quote:

Your comment was CLEARLY directed at him. You said he has a bit of irrational fanatic in him.

Would you be offended if I said this:

Any man who likes their anal cavity filled with the genitalia of another man has to have at least a bit of psychotic masochist in them.

Hey, that comment isn't directed at you but I'm sure you'd be offended either way.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Actually, since that doesn't really describe me at all, it doesn't offend me.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Quote:

Actually, since that doesn't really describe me at all, it doesn't offend me.

Bob, weave, dodge. Ignore the point.

Any man who would touch the genitalia of another man for the purposes of sexual stimulation has to have at least a bit of perversion and stunted emotional growth in him.

Again, I don't believe that. However, you must know that when you say "anyone who believes in god" that that subsection of the population includes Fellows directly.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Change of topic... sorta... but funny.

Youuuu beterrrr weeerk!

http://tbogg.blogspot.com/

As many as 1,200 students at Wheaton College will gather in the gym Friday night for the first real dance in the Christian school's 143-year history.

Which explains why students in recent days have been seeking out classmates who know this stuff and looking for places where they can practice. And it explains why on Monday night and Tuesday night, dozens of students packed a room on campus for a quick dance lesson.

Andy Morgan, one of the students at the lesson, said he figured he was in no danger of embarrassing himself. He went to a high school that did not permit dancing. And when it came time to pick a college, he settled on a school that had not allowed social dancing since the war. The Civil War.

[snip]

It was not until the 1960s that the school lifted the rule prohibiting students from going to movies. For generations, students were barred from dancing ? on campus or off ? unless it was with members of the same sex or a square dance. It was not until the 1990s that students and faculty were permitted to dance with spouses or relatives at family events such as weddings.

Nine months ago, the school lifted the ban altogether, freeing students to cut the rug on campus or off, at Chicago clubs or other places. (Wheaton also eased its ban on alcohol and smoking for faculty and staff. They can now drink and light up off campus, as long as it is not in front of undergraduates.)

Under the new set of rules, called the Community Covenant, students may dance, but should avoid behavior "which may be immodest, sinfully erotic or harmfully violent."

Judging by what happened Monday night, meeting those criteria will not be a problem. There was no slithering going on, only students, some about as rigid as rakes, watching their feet as they tried to master some basic steps.

"They had a lot of fun, but they kind of approached it from almost an academic standpoint," said Rich Nickel, a local dance instructor who helped get the students ready for the Rhythm Rockets' lineup, which will feature such standards as "Sentimental Journey" and "Sunny Side of the Street."

[snip]

While some students say all the attention is ridiculous, others, like Jones, said it will ultimately prove positive for Wheaton, whose most famous graduate is probably the Rev. Billy Graham.

"It is really going to improve the outlook the rest of the world has of our students," the 21-year-old said. "It makes Wheaton into a place where people don't do so much thinking about what we aren't allowed to do."

Graham Claybrook, a senior, agreed: "It will be nice to be able to tell my friends that I go to a college that is fairly normal.

In honor of the students at Wheaton College, since the Rhythm Rockets probably won't play it:

I like big butts and I can not lie

You other brothers can't deny

That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist

And a round thing in your face

You get sprung

Wanna pull up front

Cuz you notice that butt was stuffed

Deep in the jeans she's wearing

I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Oh, baby I wanna get with ya

And take your picture

My homeboys tried to warn me

But with that butt you got

Me so horny

Ooh, rub all of that smooth skin

You say you wanna get in my Benz

Well use me, use me cuz you ain't that average groupy

I've seen them dancin'

The hell with romancin'

She sweat, wet, got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette

I'm tired of magazines

saying flat butt's the only thing

Take the average black man and ask him that

She gotta pack much back, so

Fellas (yeah), fellas (yeah)

Has your girlfriend got the butt (hell yeah)

Well shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake that healthy butt

Baby got back

..and remember kids, back in the dorms by 9:30pm no matter how tingly your naughty parts feel.....
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Bob, weave, dodge. Ignore the point.

Any man who would touch the genitalia of another man for the purposes of sexual stimulation has to have at least a bit of perversion and stunted emotional growth in him.

Again, I don't believe that. However, you must know that when you say "anyone who believes in god" that that subsection of the population includes Fellows directly.

Exactly. I hereby declare Kirkland to be the stupidest prick on these boards.

Ignorant bastard can't even decipher his own posts.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

Exactly. I hereby declare Kirkland to be the stupidest fuck on these boards.

Ignorant cunt can't even decipher his own posts.

I hate it when morons agree with me.