Hackin Exposé

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
we have all these utility apps that do all these things to the sysem, so why not one that can turn off the animation for exposé, i mean we can turn off window zooming as well as the icon zoom, shouldnt turning off the animation for exposé be an option for those of us on older machines, or is it not even possible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I tried it on my old iMac and it worked okay. Jonh's OS X review suggests that Apple now drops frames from animations that will slow down the system. So on my old iMac it seems to drop most of them and just pops the windows out.

So??? I guess I don't see it as that much of a problem. Not like it was with 10.0-10.2.*.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    there is a hack... the Blob

not what you were asking, and it's a leak from Apple, not an outside hack, AFAIK...

but proof it can be tweaked
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

but proof it can be tweaked

It would be great if someone figured out a way to keep the little desktop window from wiping out parts of your clickable screen area \
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's why it was off and hidden... it's buggy.

You turn on things you're not supposed to, and you takes your chances.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    well if it can drop frames on that old iMac then obviously there is something that controls how many frames it does, i wonder if its possible to find that file and drop the frames for quicker performance for those without QE