iTunes 4.1

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    ya you could do that all the time
  • Reply 22 of 27
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    bauman I don't use unix much... I can't get your scripts to be executable. I chmod 755'd them (pasted to Terminal, copied their location with good ol' drag n drop) but they won't open. Thanks for the help. 8)
  • Reply 23 of 27
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Ah, How are you trying to call them?

If you could give me the exact command you are entering in, and the output, I'll be able to give you more exact instructions.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I type chmod 755 filename where filename is whatmusic sitting on my desktop (I drag and drop to Terminal.) Tried adding sudo before it to. Won't execute. Thanks for the help!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    So what exactly is this "Error Correction" in iTunes 4.1? Is it CDParanoia? Does it work, and does it have any chance of giving us worse quality?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    So does anyone know about iTunes error correction? Does it use CD Paranoia and would it be a bad thing to have on if you don't need it?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

I type chmod 755 filename where filename is whatmusic sitting on my desktop (I drag and drop to Terminal.) Tried adding sudo before it to. Won't execute. Thanks for the help!

I think the trouble is just in calling the file. Make sure that you put a period before you drag the file into the terminal. So it would look like this:

Code:

% ./path/to/file/here

I betcha that's your problem, but if that still doesn't work, just copy and paste the EXACT commands that you are calling with the EXACT error messages that it gives. None of this esoteric "it won't execute" shit.

Oh, and it might do you well to start an entirely new thread about the CD correction. This thread is pretty old and crusty. Nobody cares about it anymore... Hence the three consecutive responses to yourself.