Neat expose trick

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I don't know if there's a thread for Panther tricks (I seem to remember one) but here's a neat-o one. We all know about being able to move things around with expose (click an icon, drag it over the window you want). Well, to speed that process up, since you can't hit the mouse button, you can hit the spacebar when you're over the window you want to drop the icon in. The spacebar also works when you're just doing normal expose. Mouseover the window you want and hit the spacebar. Nice and easy and somewhat consistent with the behavior of the spring-loaded folders. Cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Nice!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Nice! Now I have to find a way to use it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    gamringamrin Posts: 114member
    Here's another one that I don't know if anyone's mentioned. After F9ing or F10ing your windows, you can Apple+~ to switch between all the Exposéd windows, regardless of what application you were originally in. In addition, when a window comes to the front in this way, it appears larger for a split second, then shrinks back down to its normal size.

Ooh, aah.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gamrin

Here's another one that I don't know if anyone's mentioned. After F9ing or F10ing your windows, you can Apple+~ to switch between all the Exposéd windows, regardless of what application you were originally in. In addition, when a window comes to the front in this way, it appears larger for a split second, then shrinks back down to its normal size.

Ooh, aah.

Tab does the same thing. Shift+tab goes backwards.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

I don't know if there's a thread for Panther tricks (I seem to remember one) but here's a neat-o one. We all know about being able to move things around with expose (click an icon, drag it over the window you want). Well, to speed that process up, since you can't hit the mouse button, you can hit the spacebar when you're over the window you want to drop the icon in. The spacebar also works when you're just doing normal expose. Mouseover the window you want and hit the spacebar. Nice and easy and somewhat consistent with the behavior of the spring-loaded folders. Cool.

You can do the same thing, perhaps more conveniently, by pressing F9 (or whatever) again afterwords, instead of using the spacebar.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

You can do the same thing, perhaps more conveniently, by pressing F9 (or whatever) again afterwords, instead of using the spacebar.

Good to know, but for me the spacebar is more convenient (near the trackpad) and more logically consistent with the springloaded folders behavior. Why so many different ways to do the same thing? That could be confusing (or good, I guess...) Any other expose tricks?