Strange OS X/Safari Bug?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
recently I have had the cursor completely dissapear a couple times but only in the top left portion of a safari window......if i move the mouse around it obviously moves since i can see the stoplights change to the symbols but its not visible until i move the cursor away from the top left.

has happened enough times to become annoying.

anyone else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I was just about to post the same topic... It's been happening to me a lot lately. Last time was about 3 minutes ago.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I was just about to post the same topic... It's been happening to me a lot lately. Last time was about 3 minutes ago.

Started happening to me a few days ago. mouse disappears at the upper left side of the window near the for/back buttons.

Seems to go away if I switch to any other window or finder then back to safari.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Put me down for a "yes". Same thing has been happening to me, off and on, for about a week or so now. I THINK ever since that last Panther update a week or so ago.

But I'm not 100% sure on that.

However, it WASN'T happening in Jaguar and I don't recall it happening the first week or so I had Panther installed fresh from the disks, so...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I haven't seen that, but I have gotten a rectangular white spot about 2" diagonally from the left corner when using Safari with Expose.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I saw this behavior twice yesterday. Both times were on this forum. Probably just a coincidence.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Happened to me too. And i was on AI when it happened. Quiting Safari fixes it.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I have had problems like that since I installed Panther. JUST now my bookmark buttons wont rollover, so I just move the window and thy come back. A little annoying, but I sure it will be fixed.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

However, it WASN'T happening in Jaguar and I don't recall it happening the first week or so I had Panther installed fresh from the disks, so...

It's happening to me in jaguar
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Never happened to me. But if it does, at least I'll know how to fix it now. Did ya'll report this to Apple?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    It just happened to me today. Fortunately, it seems to be restricted to such a small area of the window that you still know where the cursor is. I just clicked and it reappeared.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    It happened to me too, yesterday for the first time. It seemed to correct itself after clicking onto another window/app and then clicking back. Since it only happened once I don't have any great insight to offer on what provokes it. Awfully disturbing when it happens though, if only for a moment...