Pic of computer setup - 2003

Comments

• Reply 521 of 627
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    See my post in the last page....about my bet
  • Reply 522 of 627
    Alright.

Also, I know my monitor sucks...that's why I put there that I'm saving up for the 20 or bigger.
  • Reply 523 of 627
    Hi all,

here is the great unveiling of my new eMac. I picked it up on Panther night for an excellent price. I have since added an airport extreme card and an extra 256MB RAM (for 384 totaol). It is generations faster than my old iBook 600 which had a full 640MB of RAM. Love the combo drive too! Holy G4 power, all the good stuff like video encoding is ridiculously faster than the ibook G3.

Photos of my new eMac

MMMMMM.... just upgraded to 768MB of RAM. Now my huge iphoto library loads, scrolls and resizes without a blink
  • Reply 524 of 627
    I posted before but my images didn't show up.

Low Angle:

Medium Angle:

High Angle:

Specs:

iBook G3 500

-500 MHz

-DVD Drive

-640MB RAM

-Airport Card

-20GB HD

Wacom 6x8 Tablet

Logitech z340 Speakers

5GB iPod

Sony/Ericsson T616

D-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter

Palm m505

iSight

LaCie 52X External D2 Firewire CD Burner

Apple Keyboard

Microsoft Intellimouse (will be replaced by the Apple Bluetooth Mouse for Christmas)

And Panther Mouse Pad
  • Reply 525 of 627
    Edit: Worst post ever.
  • Reply 526 of 627
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Okay... I've finally gotten around to tidying up my home office enough to take some pics.

An overview, with my Epson Photo 825 just peeking in at the left.

My dual 2.0 GHz G5 (2.5GB/160GB), a Yamaha receiver connected to the G5's digital output, and a small Cambridge Soundworks subwoofer.

I keep a lot of the wiring and power bricks out of the way here, along with a battery back-up power supply. The ethernet switch here connects my G5, my ex-wife's eMac (yes, my ex is living with me -- don't ask!), the occasional Wintel laptop from work, or my PowerBook when I want a wired 100 Mbps connection rather than Airport Extreme. This switch is connected to a router which in turn is connected to a cable modem, both the router and the cable modem being down in the basement along with an old PC with a 200 GB drive thrown in for storing back-ups.

Not needing to worry about magnetic shielding like I would with a CRT, I have my 22" Cinema Display flanked by a couple of Boston HD7 bookshelf speakers. Just to the left of the left speaker is my 30 GB iPod, sitting in its docking station.

Underneath the monitor you can see my Buslink USB 2.0 52x32x52x CD-RW drive. Perched on top of the monitor is my iSight. In front of the right speaker is my Logitech wireless mouse. Peeking out behind the right speaker are my Airport Extreme base station and a USB hub. Further to the right is my 1 GHz 12" PowerBook (768MB/80GB, Airport Extreme Card), and a Canon LiDE 30 scanner.
  • Reply 527 of 627
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    That is one hell of a nice setup Shetline. A dual 2GHz G5 and a 12" PowerBook, not to mention the Cinema Display and speakers. Makes me jealous. All I have is an 18 month old iBook and some Sound Sticks. Maybe I'll post a picture, when I stop being lazy.
  • Reply 528 of 627
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Here is my desktop...

You obviously don't live here on an earthquake fault like me.
  • Reply 529 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by bspears

DP 450 in desk.

bob

Konfabulator Addiction?
  • Reply 530 of 627
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

You obviously don't live here on an earthquake fault like me.

No I do not. Not even close. If I did would my setup look like this? Once again, not even close
  • Reply 531 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Some pics of my new machine's unveiling.

And some of my setup at home. Still tinkering with placement, but will likely end up with this one:

I had it up on the desk for a bit, but it didn't leave me with a whole lot of extra room.

Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5, 512MB RAM, 250GB HD, SuperDrive. Also a Viewsonic A90f+ 19" CRT. Damn I need to buy a new desk. Not crazy about the monitor either. There is a 10 day return policy on it, I'll probably end up getting an LCD. I just can't get the damn lines on this thing straight enough. I think I've been spoiled using LCDs...
  • Reply 532 of 627
    Now if you get rid of that dual G5 Mr.Murbot and replace it with an emac i will personally shoot yer ungrateful ass!!!!
  • Reply 533 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    LMAO!!

I don't know man, speed like this is addictive. I might keep it.

But of course, I might sell it in a month. Even if I think I'm keeping something forever, I'm not going to say it here, because it's most likely complete bullshit.

• Reply 534 of 627
    murbot,

Nice machine . And it fits in nicely with the style of the room - even your waste basket looks similar to the OS X trash icon .

Dave.
  • Reply 535 of 627
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

LMAO!!

I don't know man, speed like this is addictive. I might keep it.

But of course, I might sell it in a month. Even if I think I'm keeping something forever, I'm not going to say it here, because it's most likely complete bullshit.

Like I told you the other day, I give you 4 weeks
  • Reply 536 of 627
    I've been lurking long enough now, I figured since my desk is clean, what the hell. Not to mention that I've got the iBong now. 8)

• Reply 537 of 627
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    iBong? Really, what is it. Unless it really is...
  • Reply 538 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

iBong? Really, what is it. Unless it really is...

Oh, it really is.
  • Reply 539 of 627
    I see some of you have your panther discs spread out. Some of you have 3 discs, my new pb came with panther installed but it just came with a burnt disc with no label, so I am guessing it is panther.
  • Reply 540 of 627
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by advocate

I've been lurking long enough now, I figured since my desk is clean, what the hell. Not to mention that I've got the iBong now. 8)

I wished my desk could be THIS clean 8)