Sunrise & Sunset: A perpetual Gift

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Somewhere in this world right now there is a Sunrise and a Sunset.

Just think, if you could move at the right speed across the heavens, you could forever witness a beautiful sunrise or an awe inspiring sunset.

I like to think of both as gifts, given for free and beautful beyond description.

The Ultimate Artform

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Beautiful.

The funny thing about sunsets.... the more pollution, the more spectacular the sunset,
  • Reply 2 of 17
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Beautiful.

The funny thing about sunsets.... the more pollution, the more spectacular the sunset,

Not just pollution Akumulator.

When the Indonesian Island of Krakatoa blew up ( 1883 ) the dust cloud that spread across the globe caused the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets. It took years for the dust to settle out of the sky and for things to return to "normal".
  • Reply 3 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I guess some parts of the world do see a perpetual sunrise and sunset.

I was thinking that they will be "perpetual" until the earth stops rotating. But even then there will be a sunrise and sunset.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Just think, if you could move at the right speed across the heavens, you could forever witness a beautiful sunrise or an awe inspiring sunset.

I like to think of both as gifts, given for free and beautful beyond description.

The Ultimate Artform

Aquafire you are a sweet one

Fellows
  • Reply 5 of 17
    I love the sunrises and sunsets. And I'm up early enough everyday to see them. I work at a bakery, so I start between 4 and 5 am everyday, I see the sunrise every morning, through a bunch of windows, but I always take a few minutes to stop and admire.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I love the sunrises and sunsets. And I'm up early enough everyday to see them. I work at a bakery, so I start between 4 and 5 am everyday, I see the sunrise every morning, through a bunch of windows, but I always take a few minutes to stop and admire.

Your a lucky man.

Maybe post an image if you get a chance.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I positively love sunrises.

I think they're the perfect thing to see right before going to bed.

• Reply 8 of 17
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

The Ultimate Artform

At least this image explain your name Aqua Fire
  • Reply 9 of 17
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

WOW...Logan...

What a stunning sunset image !

Where did you take it ?

Ps : I hope you don't mind if I post it to my desktop...

PPS : I sure would like to see other people's sunrise ~ sunset images...that was what I was hoping would happen with this post....
  • Reply 12 of 17
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    A very insightful way to look at something we can witness twice a day, every day... and a beautiful snapshot. Thanks. Today kind of sucks for me -- feel like jumping off a bridge -- so I need to see stuff like this right now. On to the God and Relativity thread....

• Reply 13 of 17
    i took this one at the mall of america a while back:

(click link for 1600x1200)

(edit: doh! howd that get in there)
  • Reply 14 of 17
    David. Your link isn't working.\
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

A very insightful way to look at something we can witness twice a day, every day... and a beautiful snapshot. Thanks. Today kind of sucks for me -- feel like jumping off a bridge -- so I need to see stuff like this right now. On to the God and Relativity thread....

Hope things get better for you Moogs....\
  • Reply 16 of 17
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Thanks. I'll be all right. Just one of those days when doom and gloom conspire to muck up one's outlook on life.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

David. Your link isn't working.\

thankies, not sure how that one got in there, fixed it now