Bluetooth 1.4.1 on swupdate!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Provides enhanced stability for Bluetooth connections. This release also improves performance with human interface devices (HID) including enhancements to wake from sleep.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

Provides enhanced stability for Bluetooth connections. This release also improves performance with human interface devices (HID) including enhancements to wake from sleep.

The "wake from sleep" option is greyed out in the Bluetooth prefs. I have a aluBook with a Apple Wireless Mouse. Anyone know why this is?

-Spyky
  • Reply 2 of 23
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spyky

The "wake from sleep" option is greyed out in the Bluetooth prefs. I have a aluBook with a Apple Wireless Mouse. Anyone know why this is?

-Spyky

Use the firmware update for your USB adapter (internal or D-Link) and the checkbox will become available. This happened with my G5 and wireless kb/mouse.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Use the firmware update for your USB adapter (internal or D-Link) and the checkbox will become available. This happened with my G5 and wireless kb/mouse.

any idea where i get the firmware update from? there is nothing on the d-link website
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Yeah thanks, I just found that out. Wake from sleep works too! I just tried it, neat trick Apple.

-Spyky
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spyky

Yeah thanks, I just found that out. Wake from sleep works too! I just tried it, neat trick Apple.

-Spyky

where did you get the firmware update from?
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

On the CD that came with the Apple Wireless Mouse.

-Spyky
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Can't say I'm too impressed with this update ... iSync speed with my P900 has slowed to a crawl, and used to be blazing fast (as far as bluetooth goes).
  • Reply 8 of 23
    I can no longer sync via BT with my PocketPC. It worked before the update.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Can't say I'm too impressed with this update ... iSync speed with my P900 has slowed to a crawl, and used to be blazing fast (as far as bluetooth goes).

P900?

Those things are out????
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

P900?

Those things are out????

Yup! I'll post a couple of pictures later this evening.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    mertmert Posts: 12member
    My P900 is working fine with the new BT update.(P9007PB)

Btw:Problems after sw update:guys will you please delete the pairing and restart the mac and pair the devices again.I bealive this solves the problems.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

Came on the CD with my Bluetooth mouse & KB. However, Apple also posted the firmware update online. Keep in mind, it will render your D-Link adapter PC incompatible.

I used to have occasional pairing & dropping issues before this update. Since I applied it to my G5 Dual I haven't had a single problem. I hope my luck continues.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Does BT1.41 solve the iSync pairing issue for the P900. My P800 worked great but iSync does not recognize/see the P900 (although I can pair it in BT Sys Pref). Wierd.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by mhedges

Does BT1.41 solve the iSync pairing issue for the P900. My P800 worked great but iSync does not recognize/see the P900 (although I can pair it in BT Sys Pref). Wierd.

iSync recognizes it on my computer ... but although I've re-paired/restarted/thrown the laptop it still syncs with the P900 at a miserable rate of speed. And I mean miserable.

There's no damn way I'm gonna use my PC to sync, so I suppose I'll have to live with it. At least it 'works'.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    and has anyone got their P800 to send SMS from the address book? i was hoping this bluetooth update would finally fix that...
  • Reply 16 of 23
    bjerbjer Posts: 67member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mert

My P900 is working fine with the new BT update.(P9007PB)

Btw:Problems after sw update:guys will you please delete the pairing and restart the mac and pair the devices again.I bealive this solves the problems.

Have all kinds of problems with synching with my P900. address book only and can't do isynch with schedule. also can't sent sms with address book like the T610 did beautifully. anyone know if the mac version of the SE included CD contents for PC is available anywhere? much appreciate some help on this.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Oh, and there's one other problem with the P900/Powerbook interaction that better get fixed soon. I can't 'browse files' on the P900 via bluetooth.

No amount of re-pairing/resetting/restarting has helped.

Been reading elsewhere that this seems to be widespread problem. It's time for SE & Apple to get their engineers together for a day or two.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Oh, and there's one other problem with the P900/Powerbook interaction that better get fixed soon. I can't 'browse files' on the P900 via bluetooth.

No amount of re-pairing/resetting/restarting has helped.

Been reading elsewhere that this seems to be widespread problem. It's time for SE & Apple to get their engineers together for a day or two.

this has never worked with the P800 either
  • Reply 19 of 23
    finally got isync working (after the bt update), by deleting the phpone pairing and setting up the device again. it also then reset my isync db, so first sync took a while. but not its snappier!
  • Reply 20 of 23
    mertmert Posts: 12member
    Please use a card reader for the browsing the files in the memory stick duo media .With the supplied memory stick adaptor