RealOne Player Sucks !!!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay it took me like 30 mins to dowload that thing and when I try to watch movie clips it works fine but you can't fast forward though the video. That's really annoying you have to watch something play though the whole thing. That really sucks. Any idea on how to fix that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    Just move the slider forward.. it's better than holding down FF IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Well yes I would think so too, but that doesn't work I move the slider and it freezes. When that happens I have to open the clip again. I was wodering if anyone else had that problem, or it's just me.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    If you think RP sucks now wait until you use Exposé on it.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by krisneph

Well yes I would think so too, but that doesn't work I move the slider and it freezes. When that happens I have to open the clip again. I was wodering if anyone else had that problem, or it's just me.

That's a problem I have when I try to play corrupt realmedia files. Redownloading the file always helped for me. But, to be complete, you can also play .rm files with the excellent mplayer application. Look for it on versiontracker.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    The only thing I use Real for is listening to NPR's Science Friday online.

At least the Mac version of their player doesn't override the system volume like it does on the windows version.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Thanks for the tip i'll head for versiontracker right now.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Well couldn't get Mplayer to work cause i'm on 10.1.5 maybe thats why Realone Player is acting up, guess i'm out of luck till i get Panther
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by krisneph

Well couldn't get Mplayer to work cause i'm on 10.1.5 maybe thats why Realone Player is acting up, guess i'm out of luck till i get Panther

Get panther! Get it now. 10.1 was okay, big improvement over 10.0, but 10.3 mops the floor with every other Mac OS ever, and I know, I've used them all (my first Apple was the Apple II back from 1979). Go for Panther, you won't regret it for a second. You can get a sweet deal with edu discounts too.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Darn it at the school I was attending we were eligeble for discounts, but I don't go there anymore. Oh well I guess I'll have to pay full price, but it's worth it.