iPod Infectiousness

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
a dood at work just came over to me (the resident machead) and started asking me about macs and their potential. he said that he recently got an iPod at the apple store (in soho, of course). he was amazed by the store, said he spent a few hours there. and he decided, that since he needs a new computer he'll get a mac. so, i answered all his fears ("will i be able to use the internet? 802.11g? ms office? what will i be missing? .."). he said that basically the iPod was what won him over. And, a couple of IT people near by were saying how much they loved macs (i was a bit surprised), and that the iPod swayed them to the good side. chalk one more up on the big board.

the iPod is really a lot stronger than i thought. it's kind of cool how apple works. iTMS is made and used mainly to boost iPod sales. and the iPod is a great contributing factor in switching people over. i love apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I wonder how many years it's going to take to get Apple back to 10% market share! It is inevitable...nothing can stop it now. 8)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    We've said it before and we'll say it again, the iPod/iTunes are the biggest trojan horse ever. No doubt it is winning over thousands of people to the good side. I know that I'm amazed with how well the iPod works, if I was a Windows guy I would wonder how it would be to have my computer work that well, at least thats what most windows guys tell me. Apple's market share will continue to grow as more people realize how amazing they are. I'm looking foreword to a great ride