cant access base station

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I can connect to the internet via the base station, but whenever i want to go to config. the base station the following appear:

"the Airport Admin Utility was unable to read the configuratin of the selected base station. An error occured while reading the configuration.

i tried re-setting the base station the same appears.

Also, connection to internet was lost was the above appear after trying to access the base station, the airport icon reads connection is done, but i couldnt access the internet until i re-start.

any idea?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    if it makes you feel better this happens to me quite frequently when I change settings...however the last updates have seemed to help. basically what you need to do is to find the hard reset button on the back of the airport and hold it in for 5 sec. This will reset the station to factory defaults (except updated firmware). Then just configure the station and pray that it doesn't do it again. hahaha good luck

chris
  • Reply 2 of 4
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    thanks for your 'advice' haha, ill try again with my fingers crossed

by the way, i m using snow white and 10.3.1
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by firehc

thanks for your 'advice' haha, ill try again with my fingers crossed

by the way, i m using snow white and 10.3.1

I had a snow...until lightning killed it but it did the same thing...as the extremes. good luck they are pretty tough to get working sometimes...i think they just freak out
  • Reply 4 of 4
    It only does his while you are connected wireles. When connected with an ethernet cable, it should not do so. If anyone can check this, since this is only from self experience.