Every Day Miracles...yours are ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know there are big miracles, even medium sized ones, and yes I appreciate that some people don't believe in miracles..but I see miracles every day.

They probably aren't even miracles being such smallish things but here is my list of every day miracles.

A) A child's laughter.

B) The loving embrace of a friend

C) Sharing my food with sparrows

D) Taking a walk in the park

E) Listening to Mozart, Vivaldi or Bach

F) The smell of homemade bread

G) Sitting by the fire & sipping some wine.

H) And last but not least....going outside my front door to look up at the star filled sky before going to bed. I do this every night...as a prayer...because that star filled sky is like a promise that tommorow, there will be other everyday miracles....

So what are yours..the ones that make you grateful to be alive..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    being able to breathe, being alive after a double lung transplant
  • Reply 2 of 32
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Prozac.

• Reply 3 of 32
    Ohh just that there are people like you Aquafire who in spite of a world full of too much tension, finger-pointing, grumbling, and worse bring fresh air to others and stay focused on the positive

That is a little thing that does make a nice difference

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 32
    Fellows is right. Nice people. I work in a bakery (so Aquafire's miracle of the smell of homemade bread is one that I experience everyday) but I deal with the meanest people in the world everyday. I think that sometimes people go out of their ways just to be jerks. It bothers me. Sometimes just one really nice person can make my day.

I know this is a "sunday school" answer, but a miracle for me is being able to speak with my Savior whenever I want. It's an amazing thing to know that the One who created me is someone that I can just talk to, and He helps me, loves me, and cares for me. It's incredible. If you haven't experienced the true love of the Lord, your missing out.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Thanks for the thread Aqua.

A miracle that I am experiencing every day right now is listening to our youngest child learning to speak.

He is our third child, so this is not new to us, but this time is as special as the two previous. Little Edward is now 19 months old, and seems to be learning 3-4 words a day. He is now putting these words together to form small sentences. I can tell you that my heart grew about 10 sizes when he pointed at me this week, with a big, big smile, and said "Ders [there's] Dad".
  • Reply 6 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Fellows is right. Nice people. I work in a bakery (so Aquafire's miracle of the smell of homemade bread is one that I experience everyday) but I deal with the meanest people in the world everyday. I think that sometimes people go out of their ways just to be jerks. It bothers me. Sometimes just one really nice person can make my day.

I know this is a "sunday school" answer, but a miracle for me is being able to speak with my Savior whenever I want. It's an amazing thing to know that the One who created me is someone that I can just talk to, and He helps me, loves me, and cares for me. It's incredible. If you haven't experienced the true love of the Lord, your missing out.

God Bless you man! Your testimony above is is a blessing!

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 32
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

Thanks for the thread Aqua.

A miracle that I am experiencing every day right now is listening to our youngest child learning to speak.

He is our third child, so this is not new to us, but this time is as special as the two previous. Little Edward is now 19 months old, and seems to be learning 3-4 words a day. He is now putting these words together to form small sentences. I can tell you that my heart grew about 10 sizes when he pointed at me this week, with a big, big smile, and said "Ders [there's] Dad".

Chinney, your words brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Beautiful...simply beautiful..

What else can I say..?

except

God bless.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

What else can I say..?

except

God bless.

To read the post by DMBand0026 and to see what is in each signature afterwards is really cool. Love your signature Aquafire!

I have noticed your heart of late is impressed "even" more with Love of amazing grace.

Love is what life is all about. Plans can be big, Knowledge evergrowing, but Love is the foundation of all great works!!!

In His love,

Fellowship
  • Reply 9 of 32
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    1. People say hello to me on the street. Something that would never happen in NYC.

2. Having friends who will laugh at the same stupid things that I do.

3. Being television-free is a blessing.

4. The weekend.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Don't know that I'd describe them as "miraculous", given some other miracles that I've known / witnessed, but some very cool little things:

? Our 14 year old dog (big dogs usually don't make it that far!), being outside my bedroom door to greet me every morning, then going gonzo when I ask her if she "wants to go out". Never fails to make me laugh.

?_The feeling of peace that comes with a big hug (aw!) from the little woman. I swear, if she wasn't around every day to put my mind at ease, I'd be in a friggin looney bin.

? Vancouver Canucks games that don't start till 10:00pm (sweet, late night hockey!).

? Outdoor games between Edmonton and Montreal on a Saturday night.

? Chili - Cheese - Bratwurst - and - good - beer

? Nestle Tollhouse choco-chip-cookie Icecream sandwiches (the ones you get at Sam's Club in the yellow box). DAMN those are good!

• Reply 11 of 32
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

What else can I say..?

except

God bless.

Thanks Aqua, and thanks to Fellowship and others for some really nice posts here.

Thinking back, I wondered whether I cheated a bit with my post on my son learning to speak. In some ways, this is not an everyday miracle, in the sense that it is not one of those miracles that will be available to me every day - day in and day out - for years to come. Learning to speak is one of those awesome once-in-a-lifetime miracles. There are books that I have read that go into some detail about what an astounding process this. Still, for me right now it I is something that I get to enjoy and marvel at every single day. I feel so lucky.

As for those everyday things that we can enjoy on and on, I love some of the points that others have made here: the smell of homemade bread, a glass of wine by a fire, a smile or other kindness from a friend, or a stranger, a late night hockey game on TV, a simple hug. I could add many more: A walk on a crisp fall day (or for that matter, a winter, sring, or summer day); a snowstorm; seeing the first new green life poking up through the dirt after winter; working on a project with friends or family (I am building a treehouse with my older kids right now). The list really is endless.

We all have trials in our lives sometimes, but if we stop for a moment to enjoy the constant miracles around you, those trials will become bearable and God's many blessings will be revealed.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    life - there is no greater miracle.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    My miracles happen at night.

• Reply 14 of 32
    ...when you're alone with your thoughts a jar of Vaseline?

• Reply 15 of 32

a little too much detail.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

...when you're alone with your thoughts a jar of Vaseline?

Wow, this was a nice thread, way to go and ruin it. \
  • Reply 17 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Wow, this was a nice thread, way to go and ruin it. \

Something tells me you're in need of your own miracle...
  • Reply 18 of 32
    It's a miracle...

- I'm still alive.

- I have a job.

- I haven't had a drink in two weeks.

- I can keep an erection while jerking off.

- I haven't had serious thoughts in assasinating politicians, CEO's and assholes that derserve it.

But also having non-miracles are good too. Like...

Truly caring, loving, trusting family and friends. That'll do for now...

• Reply 19 of 32
    Hey now. I didn't ruin anything. I thought Shawn there was trying to brag about his prowess with women (given his night comment), hence my little slam. But it was all in good fun (as Shawn obviously understands). Wasn't seriously trying to insult anyone, so let's move along now with more everyday miracles.. mmmKay?

For instance, it's a miracle that I was able to watch Oprah with my woman this morning, while poking fun at only 50% of the comments made. However I couldn't pull off The View miracle; that show is just too much for any self-respecting man to stomach. I did like the part where Bernie Mac came on and said, "Naw, it's OK to whoop ya kids a little bit... common now, Joy."

Just what that show needs a little common sense.

• Reply 20 of 32
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Ohh just that there are people like you Aquafire who in spite of a world full of too much tension, finger-pointing, grumbling, and worse bring fresh air to others and stay focused on the positive

That is a little thing that does make a nice difference

Fellows

Hear, Hear!!

Didn't know people like you still existed Aquafire..