Day After Thanksgiving

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
it is the biggest shopping day of the year...

will apple be holding a promotion at their stores?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    that's a myth. it's big but the two saturdays before christmas are much much bigger shopping days.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

that's a myth. it's big but the two saturdays before christmas are much much bigger shopping days.

well, it's sort of a myth. depends how you define "big"

link support:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/shopping.htm
  • Reply 3 of 16
    They're holding a "music-related" event all day at the stores, but they say there will be "a few surprises in store." I don't know if that means discounts or just kicky wrapping paper and mouse pads.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    A myth? Don't tell Fry's. last year they had 100-pack of CD's for $5. Not to mention the hundred other insane deals. Think of a line that raps around the side of a large Costco then picture another inside the store. I will wake up early the day after Thanksgiving. 8)
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Actually, the day after Thanksgiving was considered the beginning of the Holiday shopping season. You know, the Macy's Parade brought Santa Claus and then everything was ready for people to start buying.

They start putting up Xmas displays in October now!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Talk about early, a radio station started playing Christmas music 24 hours per day LAST WEEK! This is gunna be a long holiday season...
  • Reply 7 of 16
    I know it's cliché, but..."It starts earlier every year." It's true. Too much commercial appeal.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

A myth? Don't tell Fry's. last year they had 100-pack of CD's for $5. Not to mention the hundred other insane deals. Think of a line that raps around the side of a large Costco then picture another inside the store. I will wake up early the day after Thanksgiving. 8)

And considering my local Fry's has over 100 cash registers, that is a feat!
  • Reply 9 of 16
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BrunoBruin

They're holding a "music-related" event all day at the stores, but they say there will be "a few surprises in store." I don't know if that means discounts or just kicky wrapping paper and mouse pads.

anyplace i can find this on apple's website?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

anyplace i can find this on apple's website?

http://www.apple.com/retail

Look at the middle right of the page, where it says "Give the gift of music"
  • Reply 11 of 16
    yup just found it this morning... i could have sworn it wasn't there...

thanks all

now... does it make sense to wait on a 20" imac for a week or just get it now up in NH and save the tax?
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

And considering my local Fry's has over 100 cash registers, that is a feat!

Had two Fry's here and then they opened up a Brand New one with nice pretty granite floors and marble columns. That place stays busy 24/7.

Might have to check out the specials after Thanksgiving

Yeah I have never seen so many cash registers. 100 of them at my Fry's too.

Fellows
  • Reply 13 of 16
    when i worked at radio shack we had our larget sales on hot friday. That day we are told to harras the customers the most becaus ethey wont leave the store. lol. But seriously in my small store that only got aroun 2k in sales a day, i hit 2500 in sales by my self. i wish we were on commmision back then. we earned it then lost it when a bunch of drama started happening.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    The day after thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year for stores that have a blitz. (the usual 6am to 11 am) specials.

When I worked at Wal-Mart an average busy Christmas weekend would be 200 thousand dollars. On Black Friday our store would gross close to half a million.

I would suspect this would be the same for other Mass retailers like Best Buy, Target, and Comp USA. While as a whole the days closer to Christmas may gross more dollars, for many of the larger retailers black friday is the biggest day of the year.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

now... does it make sense to wait on a 20" imac for a week or just get it now up in NH and save the tax?

Please, no more tax evaders from Massachusetts.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Please, no more tax evaders from Massachusetts.

well technically since i will be in new york at the time and it is for my brother I will be evading NY taxes...