Apple Pro Speakers with the 15" Powerbook Ti ???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is there any way to connect the Apple Pro Speakers to a Powerbook Ti???

These speakers look really cool with the Ti AND they're so simple to connect it saves space etc etc....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Well, after doing some more searching I found out the Griffen Techonology has an adapter called iFire that will allow me to conenct the Pro speakers to my Ti...so I ordered it....I just couldn't see myself returning those speakers b/c they look way too cool and simple...and fomr listening to them at the store they sound good to me too...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    yeah there good speakers and its a shame to get rid of them, though if you play a lot of music, films you might want to invest in some creatures.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Ooops didn't see that you'd already found the product.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I'm getting the pro speakers and the ifire I believe. It kinds sucks to need more wires for my PowerBook but it should be cool, specially being able to play from my iPod. Does anyone know how much battery life this will drain from my ipod? Maybe I'll need to eventually get the extra battery pack for the iPod.

Do the pro speakers really sound good or are they a waste of $100 for the speakers and the adapter? Any suggestions on good USB speakers? I would guess USB sound is better then analog stereo from the mini out.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    pro speakers are overpriced.

better speakers can be had for the same amount or less.

but they do look kinda cool
  • Reply 6 of 6
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    I see someone else mentioned the creature speakers. I have them for my 17" pb. Awesome is all I can say, especially for the price. Paid less than 100 with shipping from provantage.com I believe is the place I got them. They come in different colors and look way cool. Touch control for the volume, and with cool little led light under each speaker and a good sub. My 2 cents anyway.