who else wants apple to post wallpapers?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i think all the wallpapers apple uses in their ads, especially on the 20" imac, are awesome, and i think a part of the apple site shuold be a gallery of all those images... anyone else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Yes, make that just one more advertising goodie of .Mac haha.

I really think they should just make them for free and pass them out like candy from the website. Making sure they have some that have product in them, but mostly just uber-cool designed ones to make all the computer users want them. Apple logos are a given. Maybe have some .Mac goodies without the logos. Who knows, I for one would like to see this happen!

~tommy
  • Reply 2 of 22
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    I was really disappointed that 10.3 only included ONE new desktop background (well two if you want to count the grey and blue versions). How lame. They need to do more. What does the 20" desktop look like? I haven't seen it yet...
  • Reply 3 of 22
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I miss the days when the OS CD had all sorts of desktops and other extra goodies to rummage through.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Awesome idea, Apple always has such cool backgrounds
  • Reply 5 of 22
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I have a good portion of the desktops Apple uses in their ads. I'll post them later.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    That would be kinda cool. Although I'm sure the images are stock art - doctored and otherwise - Apple designers buy from the usual suspects?

However, I wouldn't mind seeing - as mentioned above - some cool-looking, Apple-designed desktops/screensavers featuring their products, either in staged, solo "beauty shots" or in perhaps "real life" situations and settings (like a well-shot/designed IKEA catalog layout: snazzy, funky and modern rooms/decor with a Mac of some sort sitting amongst it all).

Style/design sorta approach, as opposed to just standard "beauty shots" of the gear on a white background (which we already kinda have access to).

On a related note (again, I've called for this for AT LEAST 3 years now), I'd like to see Apple do what Fender does and produce a yearly slick, glossy calendar. Fender's calendar showcases their Custom Shop "one off" guitars, well-photographed/lit...the whole nine yards).

Do the same with Apple gear (in settings like I describe above maybe?) and sell them in the retail stores for $12.99 or so and watch 'em fly off the shelves.

As if EVERY ONE OF US wouldn't buy 1 or 2, right? It's a true, real-life iCal!

And, of course, you get one for free if you buy a Mac (just more advertising/presence for Apple: who among us wouldn't be happy to hang such a cool, gorgeous calendar in our cubicle, dorm rooms, offices, kitchens, etc. Free advertisement for Apple, conversation starter/evangelism opportunity for us, Apple gear shown in the sexiest, coolest way for potential "switchers" and the curious, etc.).

Everyone wins.

Another good idea...heard here first.

• Reply 8 of 22
    sweet-- thanks! the 20" i was tlkaing about is the surfer one on the new 20" imac screen
  • Reply 9 of 22
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Ok, here they are:

Warning: HUGE images.

<snip>

Neat. Thank you!

God, how I love broadband.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Neat. Thank you!

God, how I love broadband.

Awesome pictures! Thanks!

I love broadband too. I would have been scared to death on dialup. I would kill myself if I didn't have broadband.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    ..possibly have them in a higher quality? They are fine, but I'm bothered in the pixillation in them. It isn't a big deal, just a question...I'd take hugantic pictures if you have them
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

..possibly have them in a higher quality? They are fine, but I'm bothered in the pixillation in them. It isn't a big deal, just a question...I'd take hugantic pictures if you have them

I wish I did, but I found those through incredibly tedious searching on the Internet. Spymac has a lot of them, MacDesktops has the Powerbook ones.

I'm always on the lookout for new ones, though, so if anyone has one that I don't have, send me an email.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Something I just noticed in the light green one where the road bends right:

There's some text in the bottom left hand corner. I can't make it out, though. I think its a URL because I think I see a slash at the end of it. It looks almost like ellenpines.com, but nothing exists at that address.

http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/app...d1806x1200.jpg

edit: I figured it out. If you enlarge the image, it becomes readable. It say "from http://theapplecollection.com/"
  • Reply 14 of 22
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    I agree .Mac should have high quality desktop pictures as part of the deal. Sort of like www.digitalblasphemy.com...
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Has anyone found a copy of the latest Apple background -- the surfer used for the 20" iMac on Apple's main page?
  • Reply 16 of 22
    CubeDude, did you find those images on MacDesktops?
  • Reply 17 of 22
    check out macdesktops.com for a good variety to choose from, they have some really nice ones.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I think the opposite would be nice, they should host a place for us to upload Desktops to them, like Macdesktops.com, and then they should pick the best ones and incorporate them in to 10.4!
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by shatteringglass

CubeDude, did you find those images on MacDesktops?

Only the blurred road pics. The rest I found from Google searches.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    I found some good images off the AppleStore...

You should visit the AppleStore and check out their iPhoto library.