iTMS-Europe - sign the petition

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Sign The Petition for the iTunes Music Store Europe.

...and spread the word.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by tkoc

Sign The Petition for the iTunes Music Store Europe.

...and spread the word.

There's no point to that. Apple is bringing the iTunes Music Store to Europe. Apple is not really responsible for the delay since it's the record companies that are having trouble coming to an agreement in Europe. Once the record companies figure out what they want, then Apple can move forward.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

There's no point to that. Apple is bringing the iTunes Music Store to Europe. Apple is not really responsible for the delay since it's the record companies that are having trouble coming to an agreement in Europe. Once the record companies figure out what they want, then Apple can move forward.

I know Apple is bringing the store to Europe and that they really can't decide on the time table, they can only suggest it. My belief is that a petition signed by thousands can really make a difference.

Sign the Petition , it is just a two-click decision.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Europeans need to petition their government. Believe me Apple wants to sell you music/ipods.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    CONFIRMED!!!: Cleverest petition ever.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    you can't petition the lord with prayer!

everytime i see a petition here it makes me giggle.

petition!: microsoft should just go away!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Believe me, Apple are working as hard and fast as they can to get iTMS in Europe. The problem is the legal complexities of negotiationg contracts for a region covering 10+ countries with 10+ sets of IP laws.

Petitions ain't going to speed this up...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    A waste of time. You should petition the major record labels in Europe, not Apple. Oh yes, there will be no "Europe" store. There will be individual stores for each country: i.e. England, France, Germany, Italy etc. Each country has different agreements with the artists. Some artists are on different labels in different countries. The stores will come eventually.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Worst idea ever. Stop petitioning for EVERYTHING! A petition to stop the new napster, thats the second worst idea ever. As previously stated, it's up to the record companies. I know the issue has been addressed several times in this thread, but I had to add my $.02 because I felt like making fun of your petition.