Greatest movie lines...

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 175
    One last one from Aliens:

"Ya know- I don't know who's really worse here. You don't see them f*cking each other over for a percentage!"

Ripley
  • Reply 162 of 175
    "Twas beauty that killed the beast." - King Kong

"If it was easy, everyone would do it. The hard is what make it great" - A League of Their Own

"She uses sex like some people use a flyswatter." - North by Northwest

'You'll never be a first class human being or a first class woman until you've learned to have some regard for human frailty." - The Philadelphia Story

"Friends is a mental state." - Miller's Crossing

Off the top of my head... and these might not be verbatim.
  • Reply 163 of 175
    i was just watching kate and leopold and meg ryan's characther (kate) asks leopold how she met her ex-boyfriend, she tries to find out further by asking this:

"how much ram do you need in a mac g5 that's running os9.6" or something like that, and when he gives her the what-are-you-talking- about-look, she says "well i guess it wasn't at mac expo!"

i don't have it correctly as i cannot rewind a movie on the dish.
  • Reply 164 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i was just watching kate and leopold and meg ryan's characther (kate) asks leopold how she met her ex-boyfriend, she tries to find out further by asking this:

"how much ram do you need in a mac g5 that's running os9.6" or something like that, and when he gives her the what-are-you-talking- about-look, she says "well i guess it wasn't at mac expo!"

i don't have it correctly as i cannot rewind a movie on the dish.

Man I remember the stir that caused when that movie came out. There was all kinds of talk here about whether that line proved that there was a G5 on the horizon and on and on and on. I haven't even seen the movie yet, but man was there commotion here
  • Reply 165 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

Man I remember the stir that caused when that movie came out. There was all kinds of talk here about whether that line proved that there was a G5 on the horizon and on and on and on. I haven't even seen the movie yet, but man was there commotion here

well clearly it was a joke as the movie came out in 2001, g5 didn't exist and os9 was in the rearview mirror. there are a few macs in the movie as well. meg's character had one in her office.
  • Reply 166 of 175
    "Because I choose to." - The Matrix: Revolutions [why?]
  • Reply 167 of 175
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Animaniac

"Because I choose to." - The Matrix: Revolutions [why?]

Lol. I saw nothing religious in those movies.

I guess it has themes that allow for a whole range of interpretations - a strong one being postmoderism, namely the work of Jean Baudrillard. Not that I am familiar with the theory. So I leave it to those who are to argue.

Back on topic -

Ted Logan:

Bill, my friend.

Bill : Yes? Ted, my friend.

Ted : This has been a most excellent adventure.
  • Reply 168 of 175
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

I like the quote towards the end of the movie, when Rutger Hauer's replicant character is barely getting out his last words:

"I've...seen things you people wouldn't believe...attack ships on fire off the shore of Orion. I watched seabeams glitter in the dark near Tenhaus Gate. All those...moments lost...in time...like...tears...in the rain."

Then he dies and releases a bird from his hand in symbolic gesture.

Almost correct.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those... moments will be lost... in time, like tears... in rain. Time... to die."
  • Reply 169 of 175
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    "I've go to return some videotapes."
  • Reply 170 of 175
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

"I've go to return some videotapes."

American Psycho
  • Reply 171 of 175
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

Almost correct.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those... moments will be lost... in time, like tears... in rain. Time... to die."

best line from that great movie is :

"wake up little man . . . . it's time to die"

a crux of the movie distilled in a seemingly meaningless phrase . . .
  • Reply 172 of 175
    I never thought of it that way, but that is brilliant!
  • Reply 173 of 175
    "An eye for an eye only makes the entire world blind"

Gandhi
  • Reply 174 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by xenu

Lol. I saw nothing religious in those movies.

I guess it has themes that allow for a whole range of interpretations - a strong one being postmoderism, namely the work of Jean Baudrillard. Not that I am familiar with the theory. So I leave it to those who are to argue.

Indeed, it's a philosopher's dream Rorschach inkblot. =)