G5 iMac - how long?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
having just seen the new 20" iMac at MacExpo in London. I can confirm that the screen/machine does not look out of place; in fact it looks as though it was designed for a 20" from the start.

Much as I love this machine I can't bring myself to buy another machine with a MOTO processor. So how long am I gong to have to wait for a G5 version to appear?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Given the new 20-inch model, we won't be seeing G5 iMacs at MacWorld San Fran.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

So how long am I gong to have to wait for a G5 version to appear?

Keep in mind that a G5 in the iMac would require a complete reengineering of the casing, possibly at the cost of the incredible ergonomics of this machine.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Keep in mind that a G5 in the iMac would require a complete reengineering of the casing, possibly at the cost of the incredible ergonomics of this machine.

Unless the 90nm version is as cool as the G4.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Addison, your signiture is "When my IBM 970 powered PowerMac and 23" cinema display arrives I will leave these boards and get a life."

Well, you might be a little behind on the times, but the POwermac G5 is waiting for you at the Applestore.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    I have sig's switched off and I forgot about that thanks. Incidently I decided not to buy 1st Gen G5 , I have it on good authority that a 3ghz machine should be available as a 2nd generation machine in about 8 months! Then I will say good bye.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Summer. After they have figured out the whole 90nm thing and what it can fit in size and heat wise. By that time we'll see the Rev. 2 towers, G5 PB, iBook G4 rev. 2, and the G5 iMac. It's gonna be an exciting summer. We just gotta get through the winter first!