Login Strange-osity

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
This is the weirdest thing and it is driving me BONKERS.

I have always been able to navigate through AI and respond to threads at a whim, always relying on my cookie settings to keep me logged in. Nowadays, when I go to reply to a thread, I am presented with the login screen and after I log in (keychain helping me out apparently) I am then presented with the reply screen.

If I take too long making my reply, say I go eat lunch then return to finish my rambling comment, I appear to have been logged out (timed out) and the system wants me to log in again...but after RE logging in the messageboard seems to have forgotten that I was submitting a form (my reply).

Can anyone tell if this this an issue with VBB or (more likely) my setup? It never USED to do this and I really haven't changed anything to the best of my knowledge. And yes, I went to my account settings and made sure to tell it "YES", automatically log me in whenever.

Is there a way to remain logged in?

Your help, your condolences and your insults would be appreciated.

But mostly your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Can you tell us what browser you're using and with what operating system? I assume it's Safari and 10.3.1, but that's just a guess.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    D'oh!

Safari & 10.2.8

ta
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I've seen one user report this problem before. It was cured by choosing "Reset Safari" from the Safari menu. My only guess is his cookies somehow got mangled beyond usability.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Well, I trust Brad so much that I hit "Reset Safari..." without delay. Let's see what happens...and how many websites I'll have to go back and dig out my passwords to access!!!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Fantastic, this looks like it has done the trick!

As always, thanks Brad!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    *bow*