help with photoshop plz!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok so I have photoshop elements 2.0 and im working on a picture...

and I have no clue how to do matalic colors(gold and siver)

so does anyone know how I can do that?

O ya im trying to make it have a comic book feel.

So the gold and silver must have that look to it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Metallic? Gold and silver? That's a pretty vague description to work with. Could you post some examples of what you're trying to achieve?

Moving to Genius Bar.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Metallic? Gold and silver? That's a pretty vague description to work with. Could you post some examples of what you're trying to achieve?

Moving to Genius Bar.

isn't there a way to get just solid matalic colors?

its not really that hard is it?

as in when u paint them on they look like gold and silver(chrome)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    You're asking for textures, not colours. I think you might be out of luck as far as built-in fills are concerned.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    It's easy to make crappy looking metal... harder to make convincing stuff.

gradient tool. look in the tool options palette (turn on if not showing).

click the arrow to the right of the gradient shown in the option bar

the pop down panel has a pull down arrow in the top right.

this arrow should give you the menu choice to load, append, reset gradients, and the default install of Elements should include additional gradient families at the bottom of this list, including "metals".

if you don't like the basic gradient metals (they're very basic),

you can make your own gold and silver textures and use them as patterns.

methods of creating 'aged gold' can be found here or here

please note that Elements may not support all the filters used here.

hth
  • Reply 5 of 8
    You can create the metal look using various color combinations, gradients, and the Plastic Wrap Filter that comes standard with PhotoShop (the full version). I have seen many tutorials that create chrome by using the Plastic Wrap filter. I have no idea about PhotoShop Elements only PhotoShop.

If you are talking about actual Metallic Spot colors, like what Pantone number it would be then grab a Pantone book or ask a local printer. I do know that PMS 877 is Metallic Gold. I think all of the Metallic Spot colors are in the 870's range. PhotoShop doesn't always show all of the Pantone colors. Good Luck.

Try this:

http://www.apple.com/creative/resour...607chrome.html
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I don't know the exact effect you want but if you want a simple solution use the chrome filter (under filters->sketch->chrome) and get a nice effect. Then go to hue/saturation (under image->adjustments->hue saturation) check the colorize box and find a nice gold color using the first slider.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

I don't know the exact effect you want but if you want a simple solution use the chrome filter (under filters->sketch->chrome) and get a nice effect. Then go to hue/saturation (under image->adjustments->hue saturation) check the colorize box and find a nice gold color using the first slider.

well guys... heres what i tried... What do u guys think?

(hand drawn of course ^^ then scanned and colored on photoshop)

http://www.warcraftreplays.com/forum...threadid=40042
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Nicccccce!8) I just saw timeline yesterday and it kinda reminds me of it. How long have you been drawing?