okay, my mouse prefs are gone...

rokrok
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
clean reinstall of mac os x, up to 10.2.8, and all required updates. every system preference loads, EXCEPT mouse preferences. it simply says there was an error and they cannot be loaded at this time.

looking in preferences, i don't even see a mouse preference. deleting the overall systempreferences doesn't help. this is just goofball. since it's a new install, i could REALLY use someone's advice, as the default mouse tracking is just tooooo sllllloooowwwww for my screen real estate.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    You could try grabbing the preference pane from the install CD and replacing the screwy one with a brand spanking new one from the CD. I believe it's System>Library>PreferencePanes

Maybe that'd work. Maybe not.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

You could try grabbing the preference pane from the install CD and replacing the screwy one with a brand spanking new one from the CD. I believe it's System>Library>PreferencePanes

Maybe that'd work. Maybe not.

interesting. i'll give that a shot. failing that, i may just try a clean reinstall of the 10.2.8 combo updater over my install and see if that rights this ship.

(p.s. wouldn't you know this would happen when i have a friggin' deadline?!?!)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Try deleting your caches folders.

/Library/Caches

~/Library/Caches
  • Reply 4 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Try deleting your caches folders.

/Library/Caches

~/Library/Caches

that worked! thanks!