Master and Slave no more?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Los Angeles officials have asked that manufacturers, suppliers and contractors stop using the terms "master" and "slave" on computer equipment, saying such terms are unacceptable and offensive.

This is kind of stupid if you ask me. The sensitivity level of people is increasing way beyond absurd.

CNN.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. Thats ri-frickin-diculous. People need a life.

Akumulator, if it makes you feel any better (I know it helps me) I will always call my drives "master" and "slave". Stupid over-sensitive people.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Better also ban "male" and "female" connectors. That is so offensive to the hermaphrodites. I'm sure some lesbians will also be upset, who the hell is some manufacturer to make them stick a "male" into a "female"? They should at least have an adapter available so they can have the female end do the sticking.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Been discussed here. Although in AO. (what were you thinking, alcimedes?)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i was thinking it was too stupid to ever belong in General Discussion.

somehow AO just felt right for discussing abject stupidity.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

Better also ban "male" and "female" connectors. That is so offensive to the hermaphrodites. I'm sure some lesbians will also be upset, who the hell is some manufacturer to make them stick a "male" into a "female"? They should at least have an adapter available so they can have the female end do the sticking.

• Reply 6 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i was thinking it was too stupid to ever belong in General Discussion.

somehow AO just felt right for discussing abject stupidity.

What
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Been discussed here.

What Defiant said.

Lock!