My Site

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Could any of you guys just take a peek at my web site?

http://homepage.mac.com/jmancini2/Le...te/Menu20.html

It's got some cool tips! (Gears and Gizmoz page)

p.s. post something to tell me you visited! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    On your Gears and Gizmoz page make sure that you explain that the virtual desktop feature of exposé is VERY buggy, many users will not be happy with it. You also need to explain to people how to disable this feature as well. Good start on the tips otherwise. A few of your pictures are broken too and do not load. Good site, but you really need to work on the grammar and spelling. Sub par, makes it hard to read. Good start on the site otherwise.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Quote:

Show parent folder/website through the title bar in Safari and Finder

"ONLY WORK IN PANTHER"? This has been around for years even in the Classic Mac OS world. I think it was introduced in Mac OS 8 back in 1997. Try this feature in any app -- TextEdit, Preview, GraphicConverter, etc. As long as you're working with a saved file, it'll show the path.

As for the rest, I'll reiterate DMBand0026's suggsetion. Always check for spelling and grammer before you publish anything. You'll look ten times less professional if you don't spell simple words like "site" and "monthly" correctly.

It's a nice start. If you're ever interested in learning how to write your own code rather than just using templates like .Mac's, I highly recommend the free W3Schools Online Web Tutorials site. If you go this route, read through the HTML tutorial first, but then read the XHTML one. Since it's more future-proof, I greatly prefer writing in XHTML.

Of course, once you start writing your own, always validate your code.

Best of luck.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Thaks guys! You rock!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    BTW, what app should i use to make a site, other than a macromedia apps!

• Reply 5 of 13
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    BBEdit, of course. That is, once you kind of know (X)HTML, and can write it on your own (with the occasional peek at the W3C specification).
  • Reply 6 of 13
    *Me jumping for joy* You guys are the best, thank you so much!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

BBEdit, of course. That is, once you kind of know (X)HTML, and can write it on your own (with the occasional peek at the W3C specification).

Or Pagespinner

http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/index.html
  • Reply 8 of 13
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Omniweb has a decent HTML editor built-in.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    I think i'll stick with .Mac.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

BTW, what app should i use to make a site, other than a macromedia apps!

I love Studio MX a lot, but if you have to use something else, use Adobe apps. BBEdit will help you with true HTML coding, but won't igve you any intuitive visual web tools, like Macromedia Fireworks.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    SubEthaEdit. 'nuf said.

It's THE best free text editor for Mac OS X. I use it for everything from editing config files to programming in C and Java to writing XHTML, CSS, and PHP.

Syntax coloring = teh win!

Rendevous editing = icing on the cake!

The public agrees. "Reader Ratings: "
  • Reply 12 of 13
    I stuck with .Mac and I updated the site along some of your guidelines. Thanks a million! You guys rock!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote from my web site:

Want to see your name in PowerBook keys? Sure.

I offer the service to make your name into PowerBook keys. This is absolutely free and takes about 2 to 3 weeks. This is only available with non-illuminated keys.

If you want to see your name in PowerBook keys, please e-mail me your e-mail address, and your first name. Please e-mail at [email protected]

Thank You!

I thought you guys ought to know!