Wesley Clark 2004

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
That's right Fellows is for Wes 04

For the Americans who plan to vote in the next election please discuss all things political. Feel more than free and open to discuss who you support and why.

I have dropped support for George Bush as I believe America is less safe, less admired, and less in many ways.

The foreign policy of George Bush is wreckless and it makes the world a place of more division and less true progress.

I put my support behind Wesley Clark 2004

Learn more about Wesley Clark

HERE

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 146
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Well I'll be darned . . . I too support Wesley Clark . . .Though I don't like his position with regards to flag burning, and especially don't like the fact that he took that position in an opportunity to ingratiate himself to Vets in a speech given to a Veteran's society . . .

but generally (ehem) I think that he is an intelligent thoughtful man who researches very deeply into any position . . . very knowledgeable

he may not have the pollished pattter of a politician . . . and sometimes seems awkward as he tries it out (as opposed to Bush who is all polished pretense at being an "Outsider" while actually being the consumatte silver-spooned insider)

and besides that he is dripping with leadership

even though he's short . . .
  • Reply 2 of 146
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    We could do worse than Clark, that's for sure. I'm not sure I really care for him, but I'm not paying much attention to the primary either. I think he could play himself off as an 'outsider' since he's not a career government politician, and that will work against Bush. I also think he's going to have difficulty if he wins since he has little experience with the Federal Government.
  • Reply 3 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

That's right Fellows is for Wes 04

For the Americans who plan to vote in the next election please discuss all things political. Feel more than free and open to discuss who you support and why.

I have dropped support for George Bush as I believe America is less safe, less admired, and less in many ways.

The foreign policy of George Bush is wreckless and it makes the world a place of more division and less true progress.

I put my support behind Wesley Clark 2004

Learn more about Wesley Clark

HERE

Fellowship

I thought you were a rebulican....

I'm with you though for the most part. I'd kill to see McCain run again as an independent or something but I'm with you. Dean for some reason doesn't appeal to me at all, and I really dislike Bush for basically the same reasons. All I know is that if Sharpton wins the primary (but some freaky weird thing like all other canadiates die) Bush gets my vote.
  • Reply 4 of 146
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    As far as I can tell the reasons to vote for Clark are

He's not Bush.

He has a military record so that will help him beat Bush.

He's running as a Democrat.
  • Reply 5 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

He's not Bush.

Actually I agree with Scott on this one. Wesley Clark should withdraw his candidacy immediately.

Those that disagree with George Bush would only be voting for someone else because they prefer the policies of the alternative, and this is (Scott is quite right) abolutely no basis at all for a serious, reasoned decision.

It is unacceptable that someone should run against George Bush for the Presidency, thereby offering the American electorate a choice of a policies derived from a different political ethos.

Scott is spot on.
  • Reply 6 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Actually I agree with Scott on this one. Wesley Clark should withdraw his candidacy immediately.

Those that disagree with George Bush would only be voting for someone else because they prefer the policies of the alternative, and this is (Scott is quite right) abolutely no basis at all for a serious, reasoned decision.

It is unacceptable that someone should run against George Bush for the Presidency, thereby offering the American electorate a choice of a policies derived from a different political ethos.

Scott is spot on.

Hehe, hassan you troublemaker! i'm offensivly charmed now...

...whats wrong with bush anyway?

• Reply 7 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

even though he's short . . .

what's up with his shoulders? every time i see him they seem to be getting larger. he looks like david byrne when he wore the big suit in

"Stop Making Sense"
  • Reply 8 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

He's not Bush.

Misguided on all counts Scott.

With respect I choose to support Clark as he is intelligent, well spoken, and shares values that are closer tied to my views than does President Bush.

In his 100 year vision Clark shares ideas and values that better adhear to my views than does President Bush.

The environment, a pluralistic society (not one owned by the Religious Right), issues of trade and jobs, and other priorities set Clark leap years ahead of Bush.

Fellowship
  • Reply 9 of 146
    If Fellowship was running, and I could vote, right now I believe I would vote for him.
  • Reply 10 of 146
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    www.kucinich.us (dennis) has my vote... but he isn't going to win the democratic nomination...

www.al2004.org (sharpton) has my vote if that is the case... I think they would be good running mates... hehe...

its too bad that neither one has a legitimate shot. They really should withdraw... but all of the candidates are too stubborn to yield...
  • Reply 11 of 146
    Quote:

But Hassan, our two party non-proportional system pushes this exact set of circumstances. They're no way to avoid it. In a Parliament, you would vote for who you like because there's a good chance they'll get some small amount of power. But in our system we have no choice. If we really like someone, it doesn't matter. We have to vote with the main candidate that's most likely to beat our least favorite candidate. Very rarely do we see an exception to this happen (Perot.)

So with a case like Clark, someone might not like all he has to offer. Someone might really like Kucinich, but that doesn't matter. When all is said and done you won't be able to vote for him anyway unless he gets the nomination. So if and when he doesn't, does that mean you don't vote at all? You write him in? Or you balance the two remaining candidates and vote for the one that's closest to your ideals?

If the election is Bush vs. Clark, I'll say neither are ideal. I wouldn't ask either one to run the country if I could ask anyone to do it. But I don't have that choice. Instead, if it comes down to those two, I will have to decide which candidate is best for the country even if I don't really like either.

I guess in a sense you're right, this isn't a good basis for a serious reasoned decision. But it is the only way to make a decision under these circumstances. Either that or don't vote at all.
  • Reply 12 of 146
    Bungibus!

Not that I didn't read your post, but I was being as ironic as I possibly could in mine! Like all my posts, I was making a joke at the expense of Scott.
  • Reply 13 of 146
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Bungibus!

Not that I didn't read your post, but I was being as ironic as I possibly could in mine! Like all my posts, I was making a joke at the expense of Scott.

You had me fooled to . . . I could see that people might see it as Scott does, IF they have never listened to Clarke talk and seen how intelligent and direct he is . . . and, how much he researches each issue down to the details that would leave most politicians scratching their heads dumbfoundedly
  • Reply 14 of 146
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Hehe, Fellowship made the same thread about John Kerry a few months ago.

Fellowship, do you really want to vote for someone who:

1. Supports abortion rights, even "partial-birth" abortion?

2. Wants to reverse many of Bush's tax cuts?

3. Would make you register as a Democrat to vote for him in the primary?
  • Reply 15 of 146
    Quote:

Bungibus!

My head hurts.

OK, I could go back and edit, but I don't mind playing the fool for a good joke. If I try hard enough I might get as good at it as Scott is!

I'll be here all week.

Thank you, good night.
  • Reply 16 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Bungibus!

No entry found for Bungibus.

Did you mean Bung ibus?

No entry found for Bung ibus.

Try looking up each word separately:

Bung

ibus

bung

1. A stopper especially for the hole through which a cask, keg, or barrel is filled or emptied.

2. A bunghole.

ibus

IBUS: in Acronym Finder

IBUS International Baltic Uro-Oncologic Symposium

I think I have a new favorite word.
  • Reply 17 of 146
    Quote:

Like all my posts, I was making a joke at the expense of Scott.

• Reply 18 of 146
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I think I have a new favorite word.

I think I need to find a new favorite handle....
  • Reply 19 of 146
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Damn. I didn't 'get it' that Hassan was commenting on your user name. I thought, "What the hell does that Wacky English Word? mean?". So off to dictionary.com I went...

Post-triptophan synapse misfire. My apologies.
  • Reply 20 of 146
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    This is one slow thread.

Didn´t any of you get your morning coffee today?