Apple Ginza Tokyo Store Photographs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Note the ashtray!

Here's all of pre-opening photos. Wowza!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    Is it me or does one of the iMacs in the photos seem to be running Jaguar?
  • Reply 2 of 48
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    no sign of the spiral glass staircase

hope it made the final plans
  • Reply 3 of 48
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The giant rotating Apple sign is nifty...
  • Reply 4 of 48
    Geez... So-many-Macs. Is this the first Apple Store in Tokyo/Japan? Looks like a real flagship outlet... Do they all look like that in the US? I want one here.
  • Reply 5 of 48
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Geez... So-many-Macs. Is this the first Apple Store in Tokyo/Japan? Looks like a real flagship outlet... Do they all look like that in the US? I want one here.

if you live in the UK is it required to also live under a rock?
  • Reply 6 of 48
    .. of Gibraltar?
  • Reply 7 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The giant rotating Apple sign is nifty...

Japan is a different country, to some that sign may be considered art. And remember Apple has to compete with other flashier signs.
  • Reply 8 of 48
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

if you live in the UK is it required to also live under a rock?

It is always striking to see warm and welcoming people perform that which they excell at. If only I could be more like you.

• Reply 9 of 48
    The only cool Apple Stores in the US that I can think of are the one is SOHO, New York. The one on Michigan Ave in Chicago. And the one at the Grove in Los Angelas. The one by me (12 Oaks Mall in Novi) isn't nearly as cool because it's just another store in the mall. However it is definitely Apple in style. I've never been to the other one in Michigan at Summerset Mall in Troy. I'd imagine it's more of the same but maybe a little bigger/nicer because Troy is super rich land.
  • Reply 10 of 48
    The store on Michigan Ave in Chicago is beautiful. I love it. Only one problem, every time I go there I manage to spend too many hours of my already short life salivating over something I can't possibly afford. It's all school's fault, they take too much of my money. I need another job...
  • Reply 11 of 48
    DMBand0026... then get another job with the time you would spend keeping your daily post average at 6.01. Just kidding...
  • Reply 12 of 48
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    It looks kinda depressing when it's empty, but that will soon change...
  • Reply 13 of 48
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    These threads are downright depressing for Apple Store deprived Canadians like me.

Damn that is one sweet looking store.
  • Reply 14 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

These threads are downright depressing for Apple Store deprived Canadians like me.

Damn that is one sweet looking store.

Here Here!! We Canadians are left aside while apple stores go up everyware else. Toronto has a handfull of resellers but the they are jokes. Most just copy the "apple" look but offer nothing but unanswered questions and over-priced merch.

• Reply 15 of 48
    Looks like a very cool store. I look forward to the pics after the Japanese girls have arrived!
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Quote:

I look forward to the pics after the Japanese girls have arrived!

Still pre-opening, but her ya go:

• Reply 17 of 48
    Thanks, i needed that

Yep. i have an asian fetish.....
  • Reply 18 of 48
    I believe there are currently three flagship stores--the ones in SOHO and on Michigan Ave. are two of them. The Ginza district store in Tokyo is also a flagship. What sets them apart are their size, high profile locations, and how they are subsidized as part of Apple's marketing strategy by Apple corporate. The other Apple stores are run as part of their retail segment and don't have this same kind of status or funding.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by meilleure ami

I believe there are currently three flagship stores--the ones in SOHO and on Michigan Ave. are two of them. The Ginza district store in Tokyo is also a flagship. What sets them apart are their size, high profile locations, and how they are subsidized as part of Apple's marketing strategy by Apple corporate. The other Apple stores are run as part of their retail segment and don't have this same kind of status or funding.

The other flagship store is the Apple Store at the Grove in Los Angeles.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    No apple stores here. Are all apple store so sterile?