Bluetooth keeps dissappering from menu bar!! Annoying!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Among other things, bookmark buttons dont rollover in safari most of the time, finder restarts if I try to move more than 10 items from desktop to a folder. All these things are happening quite a bit and it is getting on my nerves. Hopefully 10.3.2 will be here soon to save the day. Uggghh!

Anyone else? Anyone? Oh yea, when I unplug my mouse while my PB is sleeping it wakes up while the screen is closed. Since I have the password set up it goes back to sleep after about 10 seconds, but just another thing that should not bother me, but does. Oh yea, I am running a 17" 1ghz PB.

Oh yea, running Panther

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    DId you want some help with your computer problems or a place to vent?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

DId you want some help with your computer problems or a place to vent?

Maybe a little of both. Just some feedback.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I assume you've got through all the steps Defiant has posted in the AI GB FAQ? If not, do that and see if you still have the problems. BTW, I've had the same issue with unplugging a USB peripheral waking my powerbook up. This issue seems to crop up after various releases and is solved in subsequent ones, only to come back later on. It annoys the crap out of me too.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

I assume you've got through all the steps Defiant has posted in the AI GB FAQ?

yes, none of those are there. I think they are small Panther bugs.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

yes, none of those are there. I think they are small Panther bugs.

I meant try doing the general troubleshooting tips Defiant posted, particularly deleting your cache and repairing your permissions. They're generic fixes for common problems. If those don't work, we'll see what else we can dig up...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

I meant try doing the general troubleshooting tips Defiant posted, particularly deleting your cache and repairing your permissions. They're generic fixes for common problems. If those don't work, we'll see what else we can dig up...

Thanks man, really. I will soon but as the semester is winding down those kinds of things are low priority. Important, I know, but not right now. I am going to reformat and clean install in about two weeks, when I am finished with school. You guys rule.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    So, let me get this right, you come to ask for help, we give you a hand, but then you refuse to take it? It really seems like you were venting, nothing else. \

I can understand that you're busy, everyone is sometimes, but if you ask for help, you should take it when we offer it. Okay? I mean, yes, we're a bunch of helpful people, but don't abuse it.

Get back to us when you've done the clean install.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

So, let me get this right, you come to ask for help, we give you a hand, but then you refuse to take it? It really seems like you were venting, nothing else. \

I can understand that you're busy, everyone is sometimes, but if you ask for help, you should take it when we offer it. Okay? I mean, yes, we're a bunch of helpful people, but don't abuse it.

Get back to us when you've done the clean install.

I will. I was not abusing it, I don't think. I help when I can. I guess I was just venting. I hope I did not hit a soft spot, Defiant. Your sticky is much appreciated! for most I'm sure.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    I'm using 10.2.8 and when I updated to the latest bluetooth it disappeared from my menu bar. I also had trouble getting my PowerBook booted up.

Slight annoyance, but fixed it in the end.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I have the mess that is called 10.2.8 and all my Menu bar extras move around and/or all disappear except for the clock when I restart. This is in addition to the clock thinking it's 1969, and 10.2.8 hanging on Finder launching if a CD is in the drive.

I can't wait to get Panther!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

I have the mess that is called 10.2.8 and all my Menu bar extras move around and/or all disappear except for the clock when I restart. This is in addition to the clock thinking it's 1969, and 10.2.8 hanging on Finder launching if a CD is in the drive.

I can't wait to get Panther!

Ahh! Yeah my clock resets when I restart, I thought I must have something wrong with my battery! Hmm Panther would be nice. I wish I could afford to upgrade. I only got this Mac in the summer, why should I have to pay for this upgrade? Hrumph.