Vices, vices, vices

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Someone once said "great men are not measured by their virtues, but by their vices." I believe it was Teddy Roosevelt.

Everyone has them, some abhore them, some adore them. They let us blow off steam, they allow us a crutch, they often make us weaker. What are your vices?

Smoking, sex, drinking, etc...

Give a cigarette, a cup of coffee and a good book and I'm in heaven.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

What are your vices?

Sex, definitely. I'd like to go into detail, but the forum guidelines do not allow it
  • Reply 2 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Sex, definitely. I'd like to go into detail, but the forum guidelines do not allow it

does that mean your a male slut
  • Reply 3 of 20
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Smoking more than I want to & drinking more than I should.

Coffee is a gift from God.

Sex is not a vice...unless you were referring to the little clamps that, if not tested and checked for width beforehand, can be really really painful.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    A good long bike ride. A long talk with a great friend. Great music.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    * Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper, way too much of it.

* Sleeping to little.

* Listening to music entirely too loud.

* Computer lust

Nick
  • Reply 6 of 20
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Used to be soda. Now it's AI, picking my nails when I'm nervous or watching an action movie, and my newest vice, chapstick. I am addicted to chapstick.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Used to be smoking, but I'm day 13 of no cigs! Yay me! Anyway, I still have a hankering for a cig with a cup of coffee or a drink, but I can't til I get over this addiction first.

I'd have to say my vice is coffee. I love it. Another is AI (like Aquatic said). And I like Doritos and Snickers a little too much. Believe it or not, I'm not even slightly overweight... That's gonna catch up with me.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    What *are* you, 16??? Yeah, it'll catch up to you alright.

Sex, caffeine, loud techno, skydiving, motorcycles, rafting (raft optional), rock climbing...

Hmm. Maybe I have an adrenaline problem.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

What *are* you, 16??? Yeah, it'll catch up to you alright.

27. And I try to keep myself on a short leash when it comes to junk food. But if it's around.... watch out.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Eh, I hear ya.

When I was a teenager, I'd sit down and consume horrendous amounts of food. Two 20" pizzas for dinner, or a dozen eggs, a lb of bacon, half a loaf of toast and a jug of OJ for breakfast. (The day I ate 18 McDonald's cheeseburgers in about 30 minutes before getting full, I kinda freaked even myself out.) Never went over 170, and I'm 6'3".

I'm *still* about 170-175, but eat a lot less.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Coffee, SpicyChicken sandwiches and dry-humping groverat's fiancee are my primary vices.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

Eh, I hear ya.

When I was a teenager, I'd sit down and consume horrendous amounts of food. Two 20" pizzas for dinner, or a dozen eggs, a lb of bacon, half a loaf of toast and a jug of OJ for breakfast. (The day I ate 18 McDonald's cheeseburgers in about 30 minutes before getting full, I kinda freaked even myself out.) Never went over 170, and I'm 6'3".

I'm *still* about 170-175, but eat a lot less.

Damn, your six three and not over 170? How the hell did you eat 18 cheeseburgers? I have a friend at work your height and he's over 200 lbs but doesn't look fat. I'm only 5' 6" and weigh 155lbs.... and I'm not fat at all.

My vices are.......... BEER, California Pizza Kitchen, Ben and Jerry's Karmal Sutra ice cream, my girlfriend (7 years strong), and a good movie.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Coffee, SpicyChicken sandwiches and dry-humping groverat's fiancee are my primary vices.

You only dry-hump her? I've seen her taint.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Damn, your six three and not over 170? How the hell did you eat 18 cheeseburgers?

Metabolism of a hummingbird. You know those 'journal everything you eat for a week' projects in high school health? I ate 4200 calories. A day. I lost two pounds that week. I wasn't exercising other than gym class MWF.

Quote:

My vices are.......... BEER, California Pizza Kitchen, Ben and Jerry's Karmal Sutra ice cream, my girlfriend (7 years strong)

Dude, she's only 7? Sick, man...

I'm with ya on the beer though. Got a 750mL jug o' Allegash Spéciale Reserve Ale (Batch No. 9) in front o' me as I type. *urp* It's got a *cork*, so you know it must be good.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Dude, she's only 7? Sick, man...

Heheh Close... no, we've been together for more than 7 years................... she's 8.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

does that mean your a male slut

I wish, I were. Unfortunately, I am too old for real sluttyness
  • Reply 17 of 20
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

* Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper, way too much of it.

* Sleeping to little.

* Listening to music entirely too loud.

* Computer lust

You gotta be my evil twin from a parallel universe.

The only difference is that I consume Jolt and never touch anything Diet, or Dr. Pepper for that matter
  • Reply 18 of 20
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

You gotta be my evil twin from a parallel universe.

The only difference is that I consume Jolt and never touch anything Diet, or Dr. Pepper for that matter

Well unless you exercise daily, wait until you hit about 30 and then watch your friggin metabolism go into the crapper. Either diet will become your friend, or else you have to go buy some tent size pants.

For all you folks claiming the fast metabolism. I played football in high school and they BEGGED me to gain weight. I was on the offensive line as the center and started. I only weighed 165-175 lbs. I ate entire large pizzas to get to that massive 175.

Now I would love to be 175 and any food just tries to make my waistline grow.

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Not there yet, topped out at 205 about six years ago, lost 25 lbs in a month... I kinda forgot to eat much, I was in the middle of wrapping up a job, moving across the country, and starting a PhD program. I'm 33, and still have a fast metabolism. Not *as* fast, but fast. My Dad is 6'4" and 190, and only hit in the past 5 yrs that after decades at 170, and he eats *terribly*. I suspect I might follow that pattern.

Er, wait. Vices. Um...

Great for holding woodworking projects. Love 'em.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Well unless you exercise daily, wait until you hit about 30 and then watch your friggin metabolism go into the crapper. Either diet will become your friend, or else you have to go buy some tent size pants.

Thanks for the warning. Actually, I hope to be have much more performance at 30 than now at 21. I exercise quite a bit.