iTunes question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm using iTunes for Windows and wanted to know if there was any way to create your own genre. I have a lot of live CD's and I'd like to seperate this music into its own genre. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    As far as I know (and I do this near daily), you can type in any word(s) you please in the genre field of a track (that's when you choose 'Get Info', probably ctrl+i under Windows). This, however, is on the OS X version of iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I use both versions, and it works the same way with the PC version as what der kopf said.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yeah, that works great. I feel kind of stupid for not figuring that out on my own. Anyways, thanks for the help.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yozah

Yeah, that works great. I feel kind of stupid for not figuring that out on my own. Anyways, thanks for the help.

It's not your fault. You've been programmed to expect things to work only through black magic and lots of swearing. Apple software makes sense and that's really hard for Windows users to grasp. Welcome to well-designed software.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Yozah--Keep saying this to yourself. ?I fink therefore I can.?