Interesting Bug

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
"...the one that you took, tell the truth, it really really helped you..."

...erm, anyway. You're there in Safari, with a web page. You invoke Exposé, which hides Safari off the top of the screen. But, you can still see the status bar poking down. You move your mouse over where the links were, on your monitor. The status bar still gives mouseover information!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Not seeing it... I assume you mean Expose Desktop?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Not seeing it... I assume you mean Expose Desktop?

Yep, it's in reference to Expose Desktop, and I just tried it. It does do that.

Edit: Woohoo! 1000 posts What do I get?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Heh. Freaky.

I had to place my Safari window so it went off the top instead of off the side.

Edit: A b*tchslap.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by unremarkable

You wonder why we're only half-ashamed ? Because enough is too much ...and look around... can you blame us, can you blame us?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Here's another one.

I get this when expose'ing Safari every once in a while. Anyone else seen this?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by unremarkable

...erm, anyway. You're there in Safari, with a web page. You invoke Exposé, which hides Safari off the top of the screen. But, you can still see the status bar poking down. You move your mouse over where the links were, on your monitor. The status bar still gives mouseover information!

Me too!

I think the disappearing mouse cursor thing is weirder though.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rogue27

Me too!

I think the disappearing mouse cursor thing is weirder though.

I've never had that happen, been using 10.3 since the day it came out. Is there a reason why it happens for some and not for others? Odd...
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I've never seen these problems either and I've been using various builds of Panther since WWDC early last summer.

I suspect it's a problem with the video card. Those of you experiencing this: what card do you have?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    8) Mine's doing it.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    I've lost my mouse in Safari on my iMac 17" with the Nvidea 64MB card.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    I use dual monitors and I've lost my mouse cursor a couple times with 10.3 but only on one monitor. I've lost it on the monitor thats connected to the original Radion 9000 card. I've never lost the mouse cursor on the second monitor connected to my radion 7000. Weird stuff.

Wayne
  • Reply 12 of 14
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    8MB ATi Rage 128 Mobility (in a Pismo)

The cursor has only disappeared while viewing this forum, but it's happened a couple times already.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Just to be clear. The mouse is SUPPOSED to disappear when you're scrolling in the body of the page with the keyboard, to get out of the way. What I'm talking about is it disappearing outside the page viewing area, around the selection buttons, and not reappearing instantly when you move it. It sometimes reappears after a view moments of wild swirling around as I'm looking for where it is, rather than immediately.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by waynes

I use dual monitors and I've lost my mouse cursor a couple times with 10.3 but only on one monitor. I've lost it on the monitor thats connected to the original Radion 9000 card. I've never lost the mouse cursor on the second monitor connected to my radion 7000. Weird stuff.

Wayne

Actually the cursor doesn't actually disapear but rather becomes invisible so I can still do things on monitor one if I can figure out where the cursor is. When it become invisible, it's invisible in all applications.

Wayne