ipod dock question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
will it mess up the ipod to have it in the dock if the dock is only being used as a power source? basically, will it mess anything up if i have the ipod in the dock, then the dock plugged into the wall... i guess this is a dumb uestion, but i just wanna check before i buy a dock

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    iwantiwant Posts: 14member
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the power in the Dock is powered thru the FW 400 cable and therfor there is no AC adaptor on the actual dock however there may be some form of FW to wall plug adaptor but i dont think it exsists. Sorry If i wasnt of any help but if someone else can say for sure since i dont have an iPod at this point in time(i Will on Friday )
  • Reply 2 of 5
    well actually there is a wall adapter, and i use it with my ipod, but i didnt know if the dock messed it up... congrats on the ipod purchase!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Remember, punctuation if your friend.

As far as I know, it's no problem to dock your iPod and plug the other end of the firewire cable into the wall. I do it when I need to charge my iPod overnight and my computer is asleep. No problems so far anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    There is nothing wrong with keeping the iPod connected to the dock and plugged into the a/c adapter. This is in fact a supported use by Apple. That's one of the reasons they added a line out on the dock. You can leave a dock and charger plugged into your stereo and just jack the iPod in when you want.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    awesome--thanks everyone