How do I get this to work?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I installed Panter on my Dual 500 and my second display won't work anymore?

I am using a cheap second display card: ms3d:

Typetdisplay

BustPCI

SlottSLOT-C

VendortIXMicro (0x10e0)

Device IDt0x9135

Revision IDt0x0001

Is there anyway to get it to work?

I need to do alot of graphics work in the very very near future and need that monitor working

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25582

Seems that a new graphics card or Jaguar is requird, as ixmicro is dead (no os x drivers).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Oddly, the tech. note doesn't mention nVidia cards.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Well, all nVidia cards that ever worked on a mac (geforce 3 and after) do work in panther, so it shouldn't be on the tech note.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Ideas for a cheap replacement (that will workwith Panther) for my PCI slot?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    If you don't care about speed, the ATI Rage 128 is worth about $20. If you want more speed, you can go with a Radeon 7000 PCI or, better yet, a Radeon Mac Edition PCI. The 7000 is between the Rage 128 and the Radeon Mac Edition in performance. Those cards can cost between $40 and $80 depending on who you buy them from.

I've heard that the Radeon 7000 PCI has been discontinued, and there are rumors that a Radeon 9200 PCI might take its place. In that case, prices for older Radeon PCI cards will drop by a lot and the new ones will be in demand. Right now, the Radeon Mac Edition is the fastest while the Radeon 7000 PCI is the only PCI card that supports dual monitors. A Radeon 9200 would be much faster than the Radeon Mac Edition while also supporting dual monitors and more VRAM.