18 months...try 18 weeks! (new iPod won't hold charge)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
...actually, I don't think it's even been that long. I got my iPod at the end of August, as of last week, it will no longer hold a charge. A couple days ago I went to use my iPod and it had almost no charge, which was weird because I was pretty sure I had it fully charged the day before. So that night I left it plugged in overnight to charge. In the morning it said "charged" on the screen, but when I went to use it, it showed only half charge. I haven't used it since then and the battery is completely dead. When I turn it on it just shows a battery warning then turns off. I'm charging it now, we'll see how it goes.

I'm not at home so I don't have the paperwork from it. Does anyone know how long the warranty lasts? I better be able to get something done about it. It is utterly ridiculous to have it be only 3 months old and not working. I'm going to be mad if I have to pay to fix this...the thing cost $400, it should work properly for more than 3 months!

Anyway, rant over. If anyone has any suggestions of what I could do, or know anything about the warranty, please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    iPod warranty is one year. So dun worry, U are covered. Go to your nearest Apple Service Center,

Sorry to hear this. Most iPods are more durable than yours. Most likely you will get a new iPod. Enjoy!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    dont worry...

when you just finish charging the iPod and says CHARGED, it is charged.

In the cradle it shows FULL. Take it out and initially it will say 1/4 charged, 1/2 charged, etc... after a few minutes, it WILL say full.

Its something with averages, etc...

if, indeed, after 2-3 hours you have no juice left... then... go get a replacement...