Blood Bath

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone remember this old game? I was just playing marathon and I forgot how much that rocked...screw these new games, halo is just a copy of marathon...haha although the same company.

Does anyone have this and is willing to send it? I can't find the demo let alone a place to buy it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I was just playing marathon and I forgot how much that rocked...

WORD. It's the only reason I keep OS9 alive on the Cube.

I remember last year my nephew was at my office, and I was in the middle of my annual play through the trilogy. I said to him "Now this is how games should be." He looked me square in the eyes and said "What, with crappy graphics?"
  • Reply 2 of 6
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

WORD. It's the only reason I keep OS9 alive on the Cube.

I remember last year my nephew was at my office, and I was in the middle of my annual play through the trilogy. I said to him "Now this is how games should be." He looked me square in the eyes and said "What, with crappy graphics?"

*lol* your nephew is cool ...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Haha I thought it looked good, though it has been a couple years. Want to send it to me? (can't imagine it's very big...or illegal)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    FYI, Marathon has already been released for a while as "freeware".

Google Search: Port of Marathon to Aleph One

Essentially what the M1A1 project did was that they remade all of the original Marathon for use with Aleph One, the Open Source version of the Marathon 2/Infinity engine, complete with high-res textures and OpenGL rendering.

I'd actually refer you to the project's site at the Bungie.org Bighouse, but Raul Bonilla (the project coordinator) took the site down to update some of the stuff there. In the meantime you should be able to find older versions of it on places like FilePlanet; I'd send it to you myself but it's a very large file (for someone on 56k, anyway).

[EDIT: You can find a copy here: Fileball or here: Bungie.org Marathon Archives - you'll have to search for "M1A1" - be sure to get the Chibi-Usa remixed versions of the Soundtrack; they're awesome.]
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Yeah somone on game ranger told me about aleph. I luckily already knew where my old marathon ][ durandal cd was so i blew off the dust and installed it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    The Evil conversion of Marathon is the best! As scary as AvP, so you better strap on that Depend nappie