What does it take?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
What does it take to be come a moderator? Not saying I'm intreasted in the position (although it would be kinda cool ) I just wanted to know the history, how did all of our great moderators and administrators become moderators and administrators? If one ever decided to step down, or another position opened up, how would the next mod get chosen? Thanks!

Edit:

I don't want to be a moderator! I was just asking because I'm curious! I apologize if my message was taken the wrong way by anyone, it was just a question.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Bribes.

And sex.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I got those! What's next on the list?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Not ever asking to become or to be considered to become a moderator. Such an action permanently gets you booted to the end of the list.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

Busted!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Not ever asking to become or to be considered to become a moderator. Such an action permanently gets you booted to the end of the list.

I wasn't asking to become a mod, I was just wondering! Read my original post.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    If your first post was clear then there is no need to get defensive...

Pssst... Brad... I think someone wants to become a mod. *Wink, Wink*
  • Reply 7 of 9

Seriously, though, if this board ever need mods, the administrators seek them out themselves. We base these decisions on the character of the members and the quality and content of people's posts. We read the forums enough to already know who would be the top candidates without taking nominations.

Is that the answer you're looking for?

Oh, and we also keep note of anyone that's ever asked for a moderator position. They are immediately disqualified.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    That was all I needed. By the way, thank you for the disqulaification. THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Seriously though, thank you. Even though it took a while I got the answer I was looking for.

Edit: Wait...I shouldn't be DQd, I never asked for the position!!!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

That was all I needed. By the way, thank you for the disqulaification. THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Seriously though, thank you. Even though it took a while I got the answer I was looking for.

Edit: Wait...I shouldn't be DQd, I never asked for the position!!!

You can keep digging that hole there, captain, but just remember that you're going to have to try and climb out of it at some point.