Security Update 2003-12-05

homhom
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So Apple got around to fixing the Safari cookie bug. It's in your software update. That is all.

Edit: I just installed it and restarted. No issues so far.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Sure enough. It only changes the Foundation.framework.

Here's the extremely short lsbom:

Quote:

./System

./System/Library

./System/Library/Frameworks

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation_profile

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Resources

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Resources/Info.plist

./System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Resources/version.plist

It would have been nice if they would have at least fixed the LDAP DHCP security hole while they were at it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Weird. I installed it and restarted, and when it got to the login screen, instead of showing the users on the machine, it just showed an "other" spot. I tried logging in with my name, but it hung with a spinning beachball.

Funny thing is that when I hard powered off, and restarted, it worked fine.

Oh well. \
  • Reply 3 of 5
    azazaazaza Posts: 19member
    Installed the Security Update on Sunday night - this Monday morning find that Classic Startup does not complete. But, if you wait long enough it almost reaches the end of the progress bar, at which point you can Force Quit CS, and find that the Classic environment is running.

Repairing permissions, restarting, rebuilding Classic desktop are no help
  • Reply 4 of 5
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I've installed the security update, and verified that the cookie problem in Safari is fixed. Just now, I started Classic and launched a Classic app without any problem.

If you're having a problem with Classic after this update, it's probably completely coincidental. I doubt the Foundation framework stuff changed by the update has any connection to Classic. (Although I have to admit after looking at some of string resources I'm not sure what Foundation actually does.)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Well, the last poster is correct, insofar as a new restart has allowed Classic to boot successfully. Still can't explain why this happened straight after the security update, when previously Classic has worked flawlessly. As he says, just co-incidence !!