English language localisation?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how I can get my panther to display in British English. It wasn't one of the selectable languages during the panther installation. Is there anyway to get this installer separately?

I'm not too fond of american english, mind you, so I'd like to have it in proper English.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Frickin' Send Message Again? Crap

DP
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how I can get my panther to display in British English. It wasn't one of the selectable languages during the panther installation. Is there anyway to get this installer separately?

I'm not too fond of american english, mind you, so I'd like to have it in proper English.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen.

It wasn't one of *any* of the selectable languages on installation? Really? You get, like dozens, though - in any version of Panther. Im sure UK English was in there... isn't there a tab to click on more options during installation?

Anyway,

Sys Prefs>International>Language>English and

Sys Prefs>International>Language>Input Menu

If this still leaves mauled words in Panther (like 'Favorites'... yeuch), I'm stumped...

...I can't find a word that might have an ambiguous spelling to check if I have English English.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The language localisation file, not the keyboard input.

I double checked, british language isn't in the custom intall.

if you look at the pref pane of international and choose the list of languages you see, you'll see a lot more than comes on the panther cd. There are options like esperanto.

my question is where to download the language files.

Steve.