• Reply 1 of 18
    nr9nr9 Posts: 182member
    er its up
  • Reply 2 of 18
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Probably the Holiday Gift guide then ?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The french apple store is still down, i have checked the US store and i don't see anything new.

It's a wonderful non event
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

The french apple store is still down, i have checked the US store and i don't see anything new.

It's a wonderful non event

A few other stores in Europe are down: CH, AT, DE ...
  • Reply 5 of 18
    When new products are upcoming the Apple Store has a "We'll Be Back....." page.

Always has been that way.

So without that, there's nothing to get excited about I'd say.

• Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

When new products are upcoming the Apple Store has a "We'll Be Back....." page.

Always has been that way.

So without that, there's nothing to get excited about I'd say.

Ehem ...
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Yes, OK

So what's happened here, in case anyone still hasn't figured it out, it that the European stores (and maybe others) are down, but the US store isn't.

My guess would have been iMovie 3.5, based on ThinkSecret's current article, but if the US store isn't down then I don't see how this can be the case.

In which case it's probably just some kind of routine maintenance, or possibly standardising some features across the different stores.

Socrates
  • Reply 8 of 18
    hmm... If Powerdoc was right and the US store was down (I have no reason to doubt it, I just didn't see it myself) then maybe they are waiting until all the sites have been updated and will then 'flip a switch' to reveal whatever new thing it is that they've added.

Just a thought.

Presumably we won't have to wait long to find out.

Socrates
  • Reply 9 of 18
    That would be awesome to see them do an update at this time of day... One can hope eh?
  • Reply 10 of 18
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    No, I think that "flip a switch"-thing is actually when the store goes down and up again. So if the US Apple Store is back up without any important changes, that probably means nothing is coming to any of the stores. I hope I am wrong though...
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

No, I think that "flip a switch"-thing is actually when the store goes down and up again. So if the US Apple Store is back up without any important changes, that probably means nothing is coming to any of the stores. I hope I am wrong though...

European Apple Stores are still down ... this is now an awful long time, just to update a few prices and put e few recommendations and promos there ;-)
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

European Apple Stores are still down ... this is now an awful long time, just to update a few prices and put e few recommendations and promos there ;-)

Sure iTMS Europe would take a bit longer to install ... especially the "optimizing system" phase :LOL:
  • Reply 13 of 18
    eric_zeric_z Posts: 175member
    The Swedish Apple store is back up, with what seems to be (after a quick glance) no changes what so ever.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eric_Z

The Swedish Apple store is back up, with what seems to be (after a quick glance) no changes what so ever.

Californian Computer Manufacturer Apple updated its online stores today during a prolonged maintenance operation with a massive amount of NoThing(tm). :LOL: The longer the downtime, the less updates you get.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Socrates

hmm... If Powerdoc was right and the US store was down (I have no reason to doubt it, I just didn't see it myself) then maybe they are waiting until all the sites have been updated and will then 'flip a switch' to reveal whatever new thing it is that they've added.

AFAIR, that's the way it often happens. The Stores go down and back up with nothing new. That's when things happen behind the scenes. Then, the Stores go down again a few days later, usually on a Tuesday, which is when the new product(s) are actually listed on the Apple Store.

I just can't imagine what Apple would want to introduce in mid-December after a volley of intros in recent weeks and MWSF only three weeks away.

Escher
  • Reply 16 of 18
    maybe they were testing the site, and wont actually change it for us until new powermacs
  • Reply 17 of 18
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

maybe they were testing the site

Or rather, testing the alertness of the rumor mill.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Or rather, testing the alertness of the rumor mill.

Bingo. And as we saw it is still very functional.

Actually they took the store off line to update my iBooks tracking status.

https://applestore.bridge-point.com/...yno=8002786926