PLEASE! VOTE FOR MAC! in a pc vs mac post!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
HELP! I have started up a flurry of competition in a forum, and now the moderator made a poll on what ppl think, pc better or mac better. It would be great of you guys can make an account and quickly vote for mac for a fellow mac user, please vote! dun worry, you don't have to give out your e-mail or anything.

http://www.fishinthe.net/html/forum/...pic.php?t=7234

You'll have to create an account, but no matter, as long as mac wins! I have been fighting against these people, they are just to thickminded, hopefully with your help they'll convert.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
  • Reply 2 of 22
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I'm sure if enough of us go over there and blast them we'll convert the lot of them.

Or they'll call us losers and tell us to $$$$ off. One or the other.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

One or the other.

Yeah, but which one?!?
  • Reply 4 of 22
    just show them this

http://www.cube-zone.com/MWNY/aquari...1-0114_JPG.jpg

(image is big)
  • Reply 5 of 22
    709709 Posts: 2,016member

BLAHBLAHBLAHHWF{WF{BNFNSFN{FN Q jqj......

Oog.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    i shouldnt have bitten, i know, i know, but i couldnt resist:

Quote:

Misscordelia wrote:

Quote:

pc!pc!pc!! macs dont do anythoing..

ya, we lowly mac users simply stare in amazement at the RGB beauty of our displays wondering if there is anything more to computing than this...

at least we can make use of a system wide spell checker, them thoings come in handy

ill gladly tell people that i own a pc, its one of my favorite toys, best game system i ever owned.

but if i ever really want to get something done with my day, i hit my KVM and use my Mac

• Reply 7 of 22
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    WURST MEZZIG BORD EVIR.

(And no, I'm not trying to be cool, I typed it that way on purpose...and I'm not 'L33T' or whatever the $$$$ that is).
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Right on 709, you da man.

I always go to type some crap like that and think "oh man, I better use the right characters or they'll think I'm an old timer trying to be cool"

heh heh

L33T MY A55
  • Reply 9 of 22
    wow, those people have the collective intelligence of a fish

one guy retorts "Macs suck. Period"

and all everyone else can add is "Me too!"

must remember to stay out of the k-5 section of the internet
  • Reply 10 of 22
    No more replies to this thread.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    i think their moderators hate me there, they are now deleting my posts, and i never really said anything that offensive, i certainly wasnt sinking as low as they were with their insults. i think ill leave the poor fishies alone now and let this thread sink
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Wow, now that a whole 17 people have voted. It seems like this is a big deal, it might turn some heads I'm kiddin.

Oh, and ThunderPoit...I don't want to put words into a moderators mouth here but, think about what you say before you say it. That will keep your posts from getting deleted and will keep the mods less pissed. And less pissed mods=a happier AI.

Edit: Okay, I got it now, I was just a little confused last night. Sorry ThunderPoit, continue on with your life...nothing to see here.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Not that I don't care, but these things are like arguing over if each guy/gal thinks their boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife or significant other is the most talented, beautiful and best lover in the world. Just because one person thinks their sig other is the best, doesn't mean the rest of us have to share the same opinion. Truth be told, Apple does not have more than 5% of the market share right now, this is slowly changing, but a lot of people don't/won't pay for quality. They want a BMW, but don't/won't pay more than a KIA or worse. You get what you pay for, and if people have a lower set of standards for the computer equipment, we really shouldn't rub their noses in it. If they want games and only games- and want Barbie goes to vet school and want to go to Wal-Mart and get every trashy $10 game of the week, let them. I know both sides of the PC/Mac fence from doing actual software/hardware installation and technical support. I have since gone back to college and I now do Graphic Design. Much better field, and I don't have to deal with LCD (lowest common denominators.) Things like this always blow up for the worst. Why argue the point with people who are ultimately happy with a third rate machine for less than half the cost (well, at least up front anyways.) If you like PC, hey great for you, if you like Mac, hey, great for you too! I make a living with my computer, not just cruise forums and stir up trouble and play little Wal-Mart game of the week specials. I am sure that if you make your living with your computer, or more importantly have your own business- sooner or later you will get a Mac, or start itemizing you tax form with tons of tech support calls and endless windows upgrades. I find that I can spend more time *working, making money* on my Mac than I ever did on my PC. Again, if you read this and take offense, good for you too! Just because my opinion may not be yours, does that really matter, and if so, why does it get your undies in a twist to the point of where you will bang your head against a mallet until you are a bloody pulp? I say, to each their own, but feel free to share your opinion. Education comes to those whom are ready for it, but until then- let them stumble and fall and work out what works best for them.

Just my two cents of BS

~tommy

P.S. I do know this has spelling errors in it, I am a bit tired as I am working on a deadline that has gotten even tighter. I don't mind cause rush charges are sweetest!

• Reply 14 of 22
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    What is that place? A forum devoted to AQUARIUM FISH? How nerdy can you get?

• Reply 15 of 22
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The answers i have seen on that site where childish.

Anyway a Mac vs PC poll is irrelevant. Many people here (including me) have both. I appreciate the mac for some (in fact many ) and the PC for others (for example Games).
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Wow, now that a whole 17 people have voted. It seems like this is a big deal, it might turn some heads I'm kiddin.

Oh, and ThunderPoit...I don't want to put words into a moderators mouth here but, think about what you say before you say it. That will keep your posts from getting deleted and will keep the mods less pissed. And less pissed mods=a happier AI.

It's the fish tank mods he's talking about. We haven't deleted any posts here...

• Reply 17 of 22
    hehe, now they went and deleted the entire thread, does that count as a forfeit?
  • Reply 18 of 22
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Do you have Shaun Cassidy posters on your wall? \
  • Reply 19 of 22
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

What is that place? A forum devoted to AQUARIUM FISH? How nerdy can you get?

sorry but i couldn't resist:

i'd say its right up there with a forum devoted to discussing unreleased computer products

• Reply 20 of 22
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

hehe, now they went and deleted the entire thread, does that count as a forfeit?

And they delete the all thing after a post coming from Powerfish.

I have no idea of the identity of this guy