I hate morons on ebay

brbr
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Why the hell do they get into bidding wars more than a day before the auction ends? What the hell? Stupid morons.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    i love those people if i'm selling!
  • Reply 2 of 27
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yeah dude, i'm selling something now and two dudes (gals?) have been in a bidding war for the last 24 hours, with another 5 to go.

i'm digging it.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    If you want something bad enough, you gotta go for it! Eventually the other person will realize that they are retarded for spending all that money on something that isn't even close to being worth it and give up!
  • Reply 4 of 27
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Well I've simply been buying books on ebay because it is much much cheaper than getting them new at a bookstore. With the sheer number that I read, it can get quite costly buying them new. I'm just pissed when there is 2 days left in the auction and the lot of 12 vonnegut books shoots up to 20 bucks from 5. I mean come on. There's 2 freaking days left. Have some patience. $$$$ing Premature Bid Inflation. I bet these are the same people that blow their load the second the girl takes off her blouse.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
  • Reply 6 of 27
    whats with the people who seem to ignore an item until it only has 5 hours left on the auction? i hate it when im trying to sell something and that happens
  • Reply 7 of 27
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    shipping prices are my ebay pet peeve. i, for example, wanted to by a router, and the least expensive shipping i could find was $8.95. that's absurd, i could ship a router via USPS for $3.85. i sell some ipod cases on ebay, and they cost me $1.06 to ship, and i say "free shipping" other people charge $5.95 to ship the very same thing. so absurdly ridiculous. it actually keeps me from buying almost anything on there. i wanted to get my dad an "all in the family" dvd set, but they wanted something like $8 for shipping.

annoying. ebay really needs to regulate shipping prices. i'm a much bigger fan of half.com and i sell lots of my stuff on there.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    thats because most people opt for ups instead of usps. ups is spendy
  • Reply 9 of 27
    i love ebay. i ship stuff however the buyer wants it shipped. no point screwing someone on shipping.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    I once sold a poster for $300.

I bought it 2 weeks before for $40...

• Reply 11 of 27
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Stupidity is n ot only on the buyer side

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4605
  • Reply 12 of 27
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Stupidity is n ot only on the buyer side

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4605

Who the hell is he and why do I want his autograph?
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Its not he. Its "Me"
  • Reply 14 of 27
    the best part though is when the buyer ends up paying more for it than your Buy it Now price. i love that.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Or when these bastards e-mail you asking to remove it from eBay and sell it to them on a side...
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

shipping prices are my ebay pet peeve. i, for example, wanted to by a router, and the least expensive shipping i could find was $8.95. that's absurd, i could ship a router via USPS for $3.85. i sell some ipod cases on ebay, and they cost me $1.06 to ship, and i say "free shipping" other people charge $5.95 to ship the very same thing. so absurdly ridiculous. it actually keeps me from buying almost anything on there. i wanted to get my dad an "all in the family" dvd set, but they wanted something like $8 for shipping.

annoying. ebay really needs to regulate shipping prices. i'm a much bigger fan of half.com and i sell lots of my stuff on there.

well some people lke myself charge for shipping boxes etc. what's wrong with that? mail order companies do this

a router via USPS for $3.85?? i doubt it.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

well some people lke myself charge for shipping boxes etc. what's wrong with that? mail order companies do this

a router via USPS for $3.85?? i doubt it.

well, maybe if the sellers are getting their items packed at Mailboxes, etc, it will cost that much. Packing materials are really cheap if you buy them more than one-at-a-time. i bought 10 20x20x15 boxes for something like $7.

a better example is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14301

it is a stupid printer, you slap a label on the pre-packaged box and ship it out. $21.95?!?!?!? i GUARANTEE i can ship that via fedex ground for under $10 to most parts of the country.

i mean, you can charge $20 to ship a printer if you want to, but i sure as hell won't buy it from you.

and another: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36073

a deck of cards. this would cost $1.20 at MOST to ship via USPS first class. maybe add 50 cents for a bubble envelope. he charges $10. 500% shipping markup.

a stick of ram: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=31574

$9.99 to ship. it's just stupid.

and it isn't as though i even had to try to find these. click on any ebay auction and its the same thing. ridiculous.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Some of those prices aren't so bad. I'm selling an AirPort Card right now and have shipping at $12 CAD to the US, $10 within Canada. I could drop it into a jewel case inside an envelope and ship it for $2 easily enough, but if I get a "it never showed up man, what the hell!" email a week later, what can I do about it? Buddy threatens negative feedback unless I refund his money, and he gets a free card.

I'd ship it like that if the buyer takes ALL of the responsiblity, but I'm safer shipping it somehow that lets me track it and insure it. I can't do that for less than $10.

*shrug*

Also, if I was buying something and the seller said "I'll ship it for $2, but I'm in no way responsible if it gets lost in the mail and doesn't show up", I'd think he was planning on never sending it and pocketing my money.

So I don't know, what the hell are you supposed to do?
  • Reply 19 of 27
    I have had a lot of people ship items for me uninsured USPS after I have sent them a letter with hidden $-bills as payment. Never been cheated. Perhaps I have just been lucky \

Which reminds me. ANyone wants to buy a stick of 512 iBook ram for me and sent here as a "cristmas present"? Hidden cash in advance?
  • Reply 20 of 27
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I'll do it, unless someone in the US wants to and can get it cheaper.