Stupid iPod Question: Can my iPod get files from 2 computers' iTunes?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have one iPod and 2 computers, each with iTunes on them. Each computer's iTunes' library is different.

Is it possible for me to draw files from both computers onto my one iPod? Right now it seems it can be married to only one iTunes library at a time, and to connect to another library, you must first erase the iPod. I imagine this is a security feature so you can't take the music library off of every computer you encounter.

Is there an override? Some step I'm missing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Yes if you enable manual updating. Then you can copy files from both computers to the iPod but not back to the computers.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Or you can copy the MP3s on to the hard drive, bring them back to the first computer, copy them into the first computer's iTunes Music Library, and then use iTunes to manage them into the iPod for playback.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    or buy podworks, and then you can move from computer A to ipod to computer B. it works really well...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Yes if you enable manual updating. Then you can copy files from both computers to the iPod but not back to the computers.

Hmmm. How do I enable manual updating? I'm poking around iTunes, but not seeing it.

Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by SuperGrover

Hmmm. How do I enable manual updating? I'm poking around iTunes, but not seeing it.

Thanks!

OOOOH wait I figured it out. You have to connect the iPod and then it's under iPod preferences.

Thanks!