Must have iPod accessories or software?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am finally biting the bullet and getting a 20gig iPod for Chrismas. I am trying to figure out what peripherals and or software is deemed essential by the folks here @ AI. I want an iTrip, mainly because the cassette adapter does not work in my car. Outside of that what do you guys think. Is there a better solution than the iTrip.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by chilleymac

?. Is there a better solution than the iTrip.

a car radio with a line-in
  • Reply 2 of 8
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

k_munic is righ you can only top the iTrip with a line in in your car radio, but I am satisfied with my iTrip (which is good, because shipping and customs doubled the price). I also suggest getting the belkin "Auto Kit for iPod with dock connector".
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Hi,

k_munic is righ you can only top the iTrip with a line in in your car radio, but I am satisfied with my iTrip (which is good, because shipping and customs doubled the price). I also suggest getting the belkin "Auto Kit for iPod with dock connector".

to be the real wiseguy ars - no, a car-radio with line-in is NOT the only way to top an iTrip?

buy a new beetle!

the iPod connector is included (with some models)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    no line in (in my alfa 147) + in the uk (where the itrip is against the law) = screwed
  • Reply 5 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Nope, there are several companies offering after-market line-in adapters for in-dash stereos. (Usually those with CD changer capabilities that aren't being used.) I found one for my Kenwood a few weeks after buying a Sony cassette adapter.

Frankly, the cassette adapter sounds better than the iTrip I tried did. Better treble and bass both. I *had* a cheapo cassette adapter, and it stunk to high heaven, hence the looking at an iTrip, but the Apple Store rep suggested I try the Sony they sell (cheaper than the iTrip too), and he was right, it sounds better.

Not as l33t, but better sound. If I'd known about the line-in adapter though, I would have gone that route in a heartbeat.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

to be the real wiseguy ars - no, a car-radio with line-in is NOT the only way to top an iTrip?

buy a new beetle!

the iPod connector is included (with some models)

In this case smart has a better way of integrating the iPod than VW in the new beetle.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Pod2Go

free... n cool...