Faster Sonnet Duets?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Maybe everyone already knows about this, if so I apologize for taking up your time. I just spoke with a Sonnet customer service rep. I called because I was having trouble locating anyone who has a Duet G4 Dual 500 upgrade card. He told me that that product was not in production any longer. I asked if I should keep trying to find one or wait for a possible replacement product announcement. He said wait...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bzbz Posts: 40member
    I talked to the Sonnet guys at MWNY and they said that they were not going to do any more duals as it would be too expensive (if 1Ghz = $689, 2 x 1 Ghz = $1,500?)

They are also going to produce some benchmark results.

BZ
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I thought that Sonnet had a bad time supporting those cards and that is why they were discontinued. I'm still a little confused as to why they can't come up with a faster G4 upgrade for the Pismo. (A 400 MHz machine might benefit greatly, but a 500 MHz machine isn't getting a good deal).

I also think that with G4 upgrades (single processors) being so expensive, you won't see many buyers for Dual 800 upgrades.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4 Power:

<strong>Maybe everyone already knows about this, if so I apologize for taking up your time. I just spoke with a Sonnet customer service rep. I called because I was having trouble locating anyone who has a Duet G4 Dual 500 upgrade card. He told me that that product was not in production any longer. I asked if I should keep trying to find one or wait for a possible replacement product announcement. He said wait...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Umm, I just went to their online store and was able to add one to my online shopping acrt with no problems. I did not complete the order, but there was no message of "this has been discontinued" or anything. Buy it right from them if you want it.