Powerbook Sleeps when switching users

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does anyone else have this problem. Every time I log into my 2nd administrator user (using File-Vault), my Powerbook goes to sleep right in the middle of login. I wake it up and it loads normally. It's weird.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Could be something with file vault, it's been screwy since day one. I have two admin accounts here and that never happens.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    What's weird is that it's just started happening in the last week. Not after an update or anything. Well, maybe the security update, I'm not sure.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I would pin it on the security update than. You might want to try repairing permissions as well, see if that solves anything. Info on that can be found in the "sticky" thread in genius bar.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I think you're experiencing what I am with my iBook. Here's an article on macosxhints: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...sleep+time+out
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I don't have that enabled on my Powerbook, but I did run Cocktail (optimizing app) which fixed permissions and ran a bunch of file system stuff, and it looks like it's fixed. OS X... go figure.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    If it continues with problems, what I'd do is create an encrypted 128bit AES disk image and get to your files through that with password.

Rid yourself of FileVault for now, it will get better in the future.

use:

/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app

do it.

-walloo.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Now it seems to be doing it again. New situation:

Powerbook is sleeping, 2 active users

Wake from sleep, enter password (or switch user)

Logs in and then sleeps.

I hope 10.3.2 fixes this, it's very annoying.